1 Week Post LBL Update + Pics

Melissa M.
on 6/25/09 2:39 am - Seabrook, TX

I used Dr Jamal Bullocks who is the attending PS with the Baylor Residency Program along with the assistance of Dr John Lomonaco.  Here's one post with my story:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/3952199/Eve rything-does-happen-for-a-reason/#31917488

Just some background on how this all came about for those who have been asking.

Dr L offered to discuss my case with Dr Bullocks to help me out (story on link above) after my surgery with the UT residency program fell through.  He has been working with the Baylor College of Medicine here in Houston as a part of their residency program.  Dr L was involved with the planning, evaluation, markup and was there to do my breast lift and work on my LBL as well.  He and Dr Bullocks both are working on cases together on weight loss patients and working on some medical literature.  Both Dr Bullocks and Dr Lomonaco are both board certified surgeons.  So actually I had 3 great surgeons working on me during my PS (including the resident who has been awesome as well).  So between Dr L calling me and the resident calling me asking me how I'm doing or asking me if I have any questions and making themselves available ANY time I really feel blessed.  I never would have imagined being in so many good hands...ever.  I already know of 1 who has had surgery with the residency program and another who is trying to get hers scheduled and another who is scheduling her consult. 

Now I had met with Dr L over a year ago for my very first PS consult and had met with Baylor twice as well before any of this fell together.  So if Dr L hadn't offered his help, I was going to with Baylor anyway.  So when people ask me who my surgeon was I can say Dr Lomonaco, Dr Bullocks and Dr Izadoost (resident).  But Dr L has been the lead in the whole process from the very beginning. 

These are all the surgeons in the Houston area I consulted with over the past 2 years.  A couple more than once. 

Dr John Lomonaco*
Dr Bob Basu*
Dr David Wainwright*
Dr Paul Fortes
Dr Quiroz (Cosmed in Mexico)
Resident at UT Medical School
3 different residents (different semesters) at Baylor College of Medicine

* My top choices outside the residency program.

More info than you asked I know but let me know if you have any questions.

Melissa

Hilary P.
on 6/24/09 11:50 pm - Decatur, AL
Would you mind adding me?
Paige E.
on 6/25/09 2:43 am - TX
Hi Melissa!  I'd love to be added as a friend as well.  I hope to be starting my own plastics soon and would to see your pictures.

~Paige~  -155lbs    (lovin' my band)   
At GOAL and BMI is healthy!!

dreamseeker
on 6/25/09 4:46 am
Wow what a difference.  Congrats.  When all is healed and the swelling reduces you will be so extremely happy.  OH and after several weeks of course when you start feeling human again. :)

Congrats.  Rest lots and eat lots of protein to aid with the healing

Marnie 

Melissa M.
on 6/25/09 8:49 am - Seabrook, TX
Yeah I can't wait to get past this initial stage. I'm feeling a little better each day.  Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/09 10:42 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Melissa,
You sound great.....so glad things are going well for you. 

I tried to check out the pictures but the link is not working for me.  I'm sure you must look terrific.

Get plenty of rest and take care of yourself.

Ruth
Most Active