Recliner chair lift~!!

totalfreedom
on 6/24/09 2:02 pm - Northern CA
Hi Dale,

I am 5' 1".  the toilet seat riser was a total waste for me.  I bought one, brought it to the hotel and my husband ended up buying me a kids stool so i could put my feet on it, otherwise my legs dangled which put ALOT of pressure on my butt and thighs.  Eventually I got smart and found the FRESHETTE. That you will love because you can stand up and pee like a guy.  It really helped as well when I ended up with a couple of open wounds on my thigh incision in the groin area (inner thigh lift).  I had to keep these bandaged up, but had to change them every time I went pee.  With the freshette I didn't have to change them, they stayed dry.

I never got the recliner with the lift.  The recliner at the hotel was useless for me as well.  I am so small i sank in the recliner and was left immobile, very difficult to move out of a position and impossible to get in and out.  The lift part would probably work.  I also know a person *****nted a hospital bed.  This worked wonders for her.  I would have loved that I think.

Best wishes and good luck with your upcoming surgery!

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/09 6:28 pm
Melissa M.
on 6/24/09 10:25 pm - Seabrook, TX

I'm 5'1" too and I love my toilet seat riser. Now I didn't have a thigh lift so I'm sure that makes a difference. But it's much easier having my feet dangle a couple of inches from the floor than squatting all the way down. It wasn't a problem for me.  I still use it and could probably sit  without it but haven't tried it.  I also have something to hold on to so maybe that has made a difference.

cleos_mom
on 6/25/09 4:47 am - phila., PA
I had a thigh lift  and butt lift and I loved my toilet seat riser , I recommend it to anyone with a TT or thigh lift, my legs were bandaged up to the groin & I never got urine on myself, I used it about a month.
I didn't get  the recliner with lift for either my TT or thigh lift I just used a regular recliner but I only slept in it 2 nights then I had to get in bed cause I sleep better in my own bed
EzySpirit
on 6/26/09 6:14 am - Middle Island, NY
Thank you all so much for your input.  It certainly gives me lots to think about.  My letters of support should all be inn by monday.  Then I guess they will contact BCBS to see what they will pay & what I have to pay.  Then I need to apply for personal loan to foot the rest.  Anyone get a loan for their surgery?  Did anyone apply online for a medical loan or at their bank?  Geesh...so much to do...and so little time....
Most Active