Face lift results

Deb366
on 6/24/09 11:01 pm
Does anyone know why they say you have to wait 9-12 months to know the final results of your face lift? Is it because it takes the skin that long to reattach or something??

I am 8 months out and feel pretty healed up overall and just wondering. Anyone else a year post op and know or have heard the reasons why they say that??

Thanks!

deb366

Currently 125  pounds
BigCityGirl
on 6/25/09 1:33 am - San Diego, CA
I had my facial work done last October and I think my optimal results were reached in May.  I think the facial swelling subsides, the feeling returns, certain areas relax and you "see" the final results in the mirror.  My work at six weeks was about 80% of the final result.  I think swelling remains for a long time.  My cheekbones are more pronounced now and my facial shape has settled down to more of an oval and less round.  But I had more than a facelift - I had coronal brow, lower eyelids, facelift and necklift so I had a lot of stuff to heal. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
dawnspaints
on 6/25/09 2:43 am - Carlyle, IL
What did it cost you and what did you pay for it? I want a facelift and necklift it makes me look old with all of the hanging skin.
BigCityGirl
on 6/25/09 4:19 am - San Diego, CA
I paid $16,000.  I live in San Diego, a high cost area and I have the best surgeon in town so you might be able to get your work for a little less.  I don't know how the costs break down but I'd say that the neck (with muscle tightening) is probably more expensive than the eyes and brow lift.  The face and neck are probably the most expensive of the four procedures I had done but get several consults and estimates and then go on your gut.  If you get a very low cost estimate, be leary.  Most of your estimates should be close.  Good luck.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Deb366
on 6/25/09 6:06 am
Yes, I feel pretty settled in to the new face and neck (love the neck!)but surprised that they have the later date out there (9-12 months- for when you will have the "final" results. You had your surgery the same month as I did. I still have numbness and a tight feeling at times...

Just wondering if there is something else I am waiting for.....

deb366

Anyone else a year out or more??

Currently 125  pounds
Most Active