How did you get ready for your panni removal?.. I thought of more questions..

KellyMASS
on 6/24/09 3:45 pm - MA

Thank you! for the replys on the last posting I made..
How did you feel to have it off of you?.. I feel like I have been carring this extra weight/skin for ever- how does it feel to have it gone? do you sometimes forget and think it's still there?.. also what did you wear home from the hospital?.. clearly the pants you wore in didn't fit you when you left.

Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/09 5:15 pm
Shirley H.
on 6/24/09 7:53 pm - Bradenton, FL
well first of all yes I still feel like it's still there I actually feel the scar and then remember! I am still numb in spots also! my back pain has really not gotten any better but I think I now need an ajustment I have been carring that extra 11 pounds and now don't know how to ajust my self they said it was 11 pounds but I am really 19 pounds lighter on the scale . I too just wore a sun dress home I still don't like anything tight up against my binder. I went into this 4 weeks ago today in a 12/14 size pants 12 with strech and 14 with out and at 1 week I couldn't fit into the 14 (depressing and then I just tryed real clothes on Saturday without binder and I zipped very tight an 8 yes I said an 8  but the 10 was comfy. I couldn't beleive it I was so happy I cryed! but I put my binder back on and put on my baggy stretchy shorts ! Now I have a small quarter size hard ball under my scar and it has a small hole in it and bloody pus is draining from it dr said it's a stitch line infection put me on an antbic and said see me in a week it is painful I thought I was all over the hump but here I still am oh well it is a short week it will be gone and in the past I hope!!!! good luck to ya and anything else just ask!
Shirley
Ansampson
on 6/24/09 9:45 pm
It feels amazing to have my stomach/excess skin removed. I have a lap now and can hold a baby in my new found lap. I'm still getting used to it being gone. I feel for it all the time. It's shocking that I can now clean my body in the shower with no real effort. And yes I do think it's still there sometimes. Especially in the shower and when I dress. I'm used to wearing 32 inches long shirts to cover my stomach now the shirts look like mini-dresses.  I wore a strap less sun dress home as well because I had my arms done and didn't want anything against my body.And no the pants I wore no longer fit properly. I wore strtch pants so they still hold up they just sag in the front. Two weeks after surgery I couldn't pull up a pair of size 16 pants but now I can. This is fabulous to me because I was wearing a size 6/7X just a little over a year ago. Prior to plastics I was just beginning to wear a size 18. I'm so excited as to what the future holds for me. My goal is to return to the gym on the 6th of July to work out three times a day for at least an hour each time. Get my eating back on track because I got off sitting at home with nothing to do. By the time school starts back on August 17 I plan to be in a size 14.
Most Active