update on my "uh oh" post

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/09 6:43 pm
MelissaF
on 6/25/09 4:00 am - Northwood, IA
Yes ;-)  You would be a stellar nurse to have around... i could only be so lucky!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

ilyssajane
on 6/25/09 2:28 am - Forest Hills, NY
I had that happen on my arm, I hope you are not in any pain???? 

My PS, tried to see if it would go away on it's own first, then decided to re-open and drain manually.  I was in her office everyday for a week and a half and she would "milk" it and change the dressings!  She did put my on an anti-biotic, but just to take extra precautions.  She sent out a sample of the tissue and I didn't have any infections thankfully, but but it after seeing her daily for that long (including weekends, I loved seeing her dressed down in jeans) it went away and the incision she used for drained healed beautifully!!!

I did also have a few "popped" stiches as well.  It looked like a pimple forming near my incision lines and she had to cut it a tiny bit and used a VERY long tweeser and little scissors to cut them out.  It didn't hurt, but when you see it, you know it shouldn't be there.  She told me "your body can't always dissolve all the stiches that go along w/ this type of surgery". 

PLEASE, run to your surgeons office if anything change!!!

BTW, I got your card and you are too sweet!!!!

:-)  ilyssa
Ilyssa
RNY 6/22/05 = 268 * TT 2/22/07 = 164 * Arm Lift 1/16/09 = 170
Happy in life and that is all that matters!!!!

MelissaF
on 6/25/09 4:01 am - Northwood, IA
Intersting Ilyssa... hmmmmmmm I don't see any changes yet today really but I do think it is a stitch.. hope they all don't start doing this.  I can tell it is common from all the responses I got about it happening to so many people.  Glad it wasn't infectious for you.. I am gonna keep a close eye on it!!!

Your message was also very sweet that u sent with your strips! Thanks for that!!!! :o)
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

ilyssajane
on 6/25/09 4:11 am - Forest Hills, NY
Ok, first off I am a bad person, b/c I hadn't read the original "Uh Oh" post until after this one, I have been fairly busy at work and haven't had time to check the boards.   I am sorry you are feeling so lousy, I hope you are starting to feel better????!!!!!

Yeah, my PS insisted that it is very common (she warned me ahead of time about the popped stitch thing) and that your body can take up to 1  year to dissolve all the stiches and even then it's possible it won't dissolve all of them.  But she honestly didn't know for sure what caused my "bump/ abscess", just that it was there and it had to be taken care of.  And honestly it was terrible b/c it set me back a few weeks for healing b/c she did have to open up my arm and that strarts the whole healing process over again.  But, she was AMAZING about my care and that was what I care about!!!  You will probably be better off going in to see him.  There can be a lot of "bumps" in the road to recovery for us and all these darn surgeries.  Bottom line is, it's surgery!  :-)

Good luck and keep us updated!!!!!!!

Ilyssa
RNY 6/22/05 = 268 * TT 2/22/07 = 164 * Arm Lift 1/16/09 = 170
Happy in life and that is all that matters!!!!

MelissaF
on 6/25/09 4:47 am - Northwood, IA
Thanks Ilyssa :-)  Yeah, not sure why I can't talk, must have laryngitis, I see my PCP tomorrow, well a fill in anyways.. I really dont' wanna miss another weekend of work as it puts me back on short term disability.  I am never sick so starting to do the whole "oh woe is me crap" lol..

Yeah, I am thinking these stitches are quite tricky little suckers.. I just keep hoping for the best.  I will just go with the flow and hope it doesn't brew into something nastier than that.  Having a surgeon you appreciate and trust makes this stuff better.. glad you loved yours, I love mine also.  Helps a lot!

I will keep u posted, thanks for the support and listening to me blab/vent.
Hugs, Melissa 

dreamseeker
on 6/25/09 4:36 am
I had the same problem this week... The nurse I see for home care though I might be slightly infected as I had yellow puss like stuff and blood coming out of spots along the incision.  She encouraged me to see my PS so I called and they got me in yesterday... Turned out it was the knots of the disolvable stitches having trouble disolving... he basically cut in each spot to dig out the little suckers and cut them all out... then cleaned them all out.  He said he didn't think I was infected just irritated from those stitches..  I guess when the disolvable stitches are disolving they turn to yellow puss like goop.

According to him our skin is different after having WLS and it is more malnourished so it has a tougher time trying to deal with the healing and the stitches but that it wasn't anything major to be concerned about and that we would watch and take care of it. :) 

Hopefully yours is just the same problem.  IF they take it out then it will help you heal better.

Marnie 

MelissaF
on 6/25/09 4:49 am - Northwood, IA
Isn't it interesting how so many of us have this? It must be related to WLS... interesting.  Oh my EACH SPOT? I have like a bazilling sutures.. if he does that I will die LOL.  I will keep u posted and thanks for the well wishes... I hope whatever needs to happen happens so I can just get on with life.  I am tired of being set back (now have laryngitis and see doc for that tomorrow, had a virus last weekend and missed work) had the flu 3 weeks preop.. I need a break LOL.. ok done whining!
Hugs, Melissa 

dreamseeker
on 6/25/09 5:27 am
in each spot that was oozing.  I had about 5 different places.... My left hip bone was also where the pain to touch was.  ITs all good.  He didn't have to remove every stitch just the odd one that was coming to the surface :) hugs.

YEp our skin is weaker and has he says malnourished.

Marnie 

MelissaF
on 6/25/09 5:59 am - Northwood, IA
Gotcha.. ok that makes me feel better lol - thanks for clarifying!! You look great btw.. your belly button I bet in the end will fair out just fine. Maybe not perfect but whose is? Mine certainly isn't.
Hugs, Melissa 

Most Active