Uh oh....(vent and ?s)

MelissaF
on 6/24/09 12:57 am, edited 6/24/09 12:59 am - Northwood, IA
Soooo gang help me out from those of you who have been there....

I am 8 weeks out now from LBL and a couple days ago I felt a twinge of pain on my left side when I was laying in bed and turning onto my left side.  Nothing really abnormal as I get those from time to time as my body saying.. chill when I twist too much etc... thought nothing much of it.  

Yesterday i started having pretty tender pain on my left hip incision.. actually more above the incision line. It was sorta hard when i pressed on it and I noticed there was a dab of blood on my silicone strip and slight pinkness just above it, not really red.  Apparently it oozed and that hardness was some blood collection (very very small area mind u) and so I pushed on it and some more oozed out - blood.  It is still sore.  I put some left over silvadene I had from my tape burns since it has a sulfa property in it and a telfa nonstick dressing, gonna keep an eye on it.. but why would this happen at 8 weeks out?  I know I am a nurse and I should know but the only thing I an think of is maybe I am reacting to a stitch internally?  I can feel the dissolvable stitches under the skin still if I press... my husbands cousin is a last year resident and says they can take up to a year to dissolve sometimes.  

HMMMMMM hopefully its nothing.  I will keep an eye on it.  

On top of that I have a virus and have lost my voice totally.. never had that happen before.  I actually feel better, missed work last weekend for it (nice.. sigh after I just missed 6 weeks for LBL and was only back to work one week!) and now no voice..I had to speak at support grp monday night for 1.5 hours and then NO voice... . at least I am feeling better.. Just want off the darn couch! LOL

Ok done venting...
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

inkerdoodles
on 6/24/09 1:23 am - Schenectady, NY

Since I haven't had my surgery yet I could only suggest you a) keep an eye on it and b) it prolly wouldn't hurt to give your dr's office a call and just see what they say.

Keep us posted.. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

cleos_mom
on 6/24/09 1:47 am - phila., PA
I had an internal sticth from my thift lift which kept oozing clear fluid, after several weeks my PS just removed the stitch (with lidocaine of course) it didn't hurt and it closed up immediately and has been fine ever since that was about a month ago, he said it would have never come out on its own
good luck to you
Tee M.
on 6/24/09 2:03 am - CT
I'm 4 months out and recently a few internal stitches that surfaced and causing a slight infection because it was trying to surface and come out.  Sometimes the doc has to take it out and sometimes it will just finally come up on it's own (kinda looks like a white head and will burst)
Kristina M.
on 6/24/09 2:12 am - North East, MD
 I had my LBL 2 years ago and had something of the same happen,,, my PS said sometimes your body "rejects" the stitch as a foreign object. I ended up with open wounds that had to be packed and heal from the inside out BUTTTT I was very low on protein and iron and fair skin and was warned about those first so not saying that to scare you more on the line of your body just may be rejecting that stitch.
Nicole P.
on 6/24/09 2:16 am - NH
melissa,

I am sorry that you lsot your voice and had to be out of work again after being out for 6 weeks..what a bummer.

As far as this new issue with the hard lump..I think you should just give a call and be sure its nothng.  Better to be safe than sorry.  I know being in the heatlh field like you sometimes itshard to ask for advice and help but hey, we are only human and need some help along the way!!!

Keep us posted please!

lap band 7/12/07, port revision 2/09
TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
/present/goal/surgeons goal
250      148    160       150
Nicole

bamagirlee
on 6/24/09 2:49 am - Phenix City, AL
Melissa,
I have no advise just wanted to give you a great big 

((((((HUG!)))))

Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

totalfreedom
on 6/24/09 2:17 pm - Northern CA
Hi melissa,

this sounds similar to something I ended up with.  The final open would I had on my right hip took a very long time to heal.  It would not close up.  then all of sudden I felt an awful pain when I would turn in a certain direction, it kept getting worse and then started getting red around the wound.  I emailed a pic to Dr Agha and he said it was a stitch working it's way through. 

Sure enough that night on closer inspection there it was coming up through the open wound.  I thought maybe i could pull it out like I had done the others.  When I grabbed it with the tweezers, OMGthe pain was excruitating, it was still attached on both sides.  It took 15 minutes to finally subside enough for me to think.  I then went back to the bathroom and had my husband cut the stitch in the middle.

What a relief it was almost instantly better.  The tension was released.  In a day or two I was able to cut them both off close to the skin.  the wound then healed quickly and the rest of the stitches stayed inside.

If this is the same for you, just keep on eye on the stitch, once it pokes through cut it and you should feel an instant relief.

good luck.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

MelissaF
on 6/25/09 4:04 am - Northwood, IA
Hi Kelli

Well it sounds just like what is happening to me, I was twisting in bed when I felt that stingy pain and then went to look at it and it was red and oozing.. I thought "oh great" but it does appear to be a stitch that is aggravated.  I will keep an eye on it and it starts poke out will trim it up.  I don't wanna have happen what happened to you.. OUCH sounds painful.  

You look so great Kelli, I hope you feel equally as well!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active