Plastic Surgery and Insurance

Joanna O.
on 6/24/09 12:31 pm - Manchester, NH
Well I am new to the thought of plastic surgery.  I am 26 and everyone always told me to wait until I had kids because thats the biggest deal--but recently I was diagnosed with endometriosis and had surgery right through the lovely belly button.  Because of the extra skin I ended up with an infected belly button--yes you can feel the excitement I am sure.  My obgyn mentioned to me atleast 4 times because endometriosis is uncurable and shes going to have to go back in within the next year to two years she would greatly appreciate if the extra skin was gone just because it caused her so many problems during surgery and the lovely belly button infection. 

I get rashes all the time but when I called my insurance company to ask how it was covered they said the plastic surgeon just had to phone in for an authorzation.  She didn't say anything about documenting rashes because like most women I don't run to male PCP for a rash between my legs or right under my belly.  She did say where it is causing surgical complications it may get approved.  Does this sound right?  I mean I don't have skin that hangs past my knees but I have just a low ball guess 30 pounds of extra skin.  If I waited until I got to my goal wait I would be way underweight plus I have already met my deductible for the year so I would much rather have it be free. 

Any advice is helpful.
Thanks
~*Joanna*~        
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/24/09 9:32 pm
I would advise that you go and do a consult with a surgeon.  He/She will be able to tell you if you should wait to lose more or not and their office can advise you on the approval process and information for your insurance. 

Good luck to you - sounds like you are headed for plastics!

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Joanna O.
on 6/25/09 7:37 am - Manchester, NH
Thanks the sooner the better as much as I enjoy the flabby belly I have going it would be nice to look down and see the change for once.  I mean spanx does wonders but try going on a date and them bring them home to your spanx collection
~*Joanna*~        
Ansampson
on 6/24/09 9:59 pm
Also, have your OB/GYN write a letter stating the reconstructive surgery is medically necessary in her opinion and give that to the surgeon you select. The more documentation you have the better. I would try it to see what happens. It's worth a shot. Good luck to you.
Joanna O.
on 6/25/09 7:39 am - Manchester, NH
Oh she definately will I think she was ready to chop it off when she was doing the endometriosis lasering.  My pcp told to tell her when I was at my ideal wait and she would write up the referral but if I waited until then I would be Twiggy.  As much as I love Twiggy I think I love my health more.
~*Joanna*~        
Most Active