How did you get ready for your panni removal?.. also maybe an odd question

KellyMASS
on 6/24/09 9:28 am - MA
I still have a little over 2 months to go but I'm one of those people who likes all the ducks in a row...lol..so I have a few questions...
1. what do I need?
2. what did you wish you had that you forgot to get?
**Now the odd question- Did you want to see the extra skin after surgery?
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

KathigME
on 6/24/09 10:08 am - Gorham, ME
I am having my TT/Pannic on July 1st.  I very much want them to take pics either of the skin or the procedure itself.

At my pre-op, they said plan on sleeping in a recliner for the first week  or so. No shower until drains (two of them) are removed. Also, start taking dulcolax 3 days prior to prevent constipation. They gave me Oxycontin & Oxycodone prescriptions at my pre-op, that way no chance of pharmacy not having and no need to run to the pharmacy right after. Also going to make sure I have a raised toilet seat!
Kathi G.  I LOVE MY RNY!!   
Jessica H.
on 6/24/09 10:16 am - Johnson City, TN
I was allowed to shower before I left the hospital and I have every day since.  A shower chair helped me tremendously!  I can't sleep in my recliner, but it has been a lifesaver during the day - plan on keeping one around for 2 to 3 weeks.  Make sure you have plenty of stool softeners/laxatives around.  Also protein.  You probably won't have much of an appetite after surgery.  Lots of guaze bandages and tape - I change my dressing every day.  One of those long reacher things would be handy - I don't know what they're called.  The long metal thing that lets you grab things that are a few feet away.  Wish I'd had one of those.

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

MelissaF
on 6/24/09 10:55 am, edited 6/24/09 10:56 am - Northwood, IA
I bought one of those long-handled grippers Jess and here was my dilemma... the damn thing kept falling down on the floor... ahhhhhh "what the hell do you do when your gripper thingamagingy falls to the ground??? I need a gripper for my gripper" that is what I told my husband LOL 
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Kristina M.
on 6/24/09 11:36 am - North East, MD
 its been so long that i dont remember what i needed but my PS did take pictures of the skin and fat that he took off. I didnt want to see it at the time but a few visits after I did and when he showed me I was like OMG I was carrying that around ewwww. So ask he might take pics for you but you might not want to see it right w=away.
(deactivated member)
on 6/24/09 6:38 pm
Most Active