Timing of TT Q

kaytiebugs
on 6/24/09 12:41 am - Flowery Branch, GA
The more weight I lose, the more it becomes obvious that I'm going to need a tummy tuck. My lower tummy looks like a Shar Pei. I don't want a TT, trust me... the thought of it scares me... but it it's necessary then it's necessary. I'm starting to get some irritation where the tops of my thighs meet my tummy. I am going to wait until I'm at goal and evaluate whether or not it still looks necessary. But hypothetically, if it is necessary, I've got a question--

DH and I are planning on having our second child in about 2 years (our only child is almost 6). In the event that it's necessary, the obvious thing to do would be to wait until after I have our last child. BUT there are some what-ifs to consider. The insurance I have right now covers it... I am just responsible for my deductible. There's not a ton of hoops and stuff, they told me it was covered when I got approved for my lapband. The what-ifs include things like the fact that my insurance could change any time, I could lose my job, etc.

So do I still wait until after our next little one (which will be 2 years, plus the time it takes to concieve, plus the time it takes to actually have the baby then get back down to goal weight... so it could be 3-3.5 years from now)......... or do I just go ahead and have it done early to mid 2010?

Could things stretch out that bad from pregnancy that having it done would be a moot point?? 

I'm definitely waiting to have my boobs fixed, though.
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/24/09 12:46 am
My best advice to you - do a consult with a surgeon and get an expert opinion.  typically when you get preggo after a TT - you do stretch the work, but it wouldn't be a totally moot point - you would get improvement in the overhanging skin and fat that existed. 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

inkerdoodles
on 6/24/09 1:20 am - Schenectady, NY
I agree... check with your plastic surgeon... Mine specifically asked if we were planning any more children as he would not do it until after I we were done.. But definately check. Why go through all that pain only to have your stomach stretched again.

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

MelissaF
on 6/24/09 4:57 am - Northwood, IA
Good question.

I haven't had any children yet and not sure if I am going to go biological or adoption.. leaning towards adoption as I am a bit afraid to get pregnant with weight gain and gain my cormobdities back (hypertension and diabetes, getting gestational etc).  

I had this discussion with my surgeon and he said he would do the TT/LBL but have to wait 18 mos to get pregnant.  He said it would ruin "some" of the muscle work but nowhere near as bad as it was postop gastric bypass preop LBL... he can revise some if need be or maybe I won't feel it is necessary.  Having that off me before I get pregnant would put less stress on my back etc.... so it really is a matter of opinion and perspective.  I decided to go ahead b/c mentally I couldn't take it.  

Now my friend also had an LBL with my surgeon and accidently got pregnant 7 mos posotp! woops! LOL... she just had her baby 2 mos ago and already looks pretty good.  She isn't as "svelte" as she was before pregnancy but she is still bouncing back some so its early to say.  Overall tho she is not unhappy at all and wouldn't have done it differently...

So there is another spin for you to look at :)
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active