How do you know if you lost enought weight?

jenncogg
on 6/22/09 2:31 pm - Peoria, AZ
I had a VSG on 01/09/2009 and I lost 80 pounds. I am 5'8 and weigh 168 ... I still have much fat / skin on my whole tummy area... do I just need to lose more weight? Or can I get a tummy tuck now? Does anyone have suggestions?

Also, I live in Phoenix so if anyone has good suggestions on Dr's I would apprectiate it... my research is just beginning.

DEBI R.
on 6/22/09 5:25 pm - CORSICANA, TX
You could make an appt with several plastic surgeons, most offer free consultations and see what they think.

I'm 5'2" and had my LBL at 170 lbs and now I'm 152 lbs. I was tired of the hanging belly and didn't want to go through another hot summer with it. I wear a size 4-6 now so I probably won't lose much more.

Good luck. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Wendy_Canada
on 6/22/09 9:09 pm - Canada
Doctors usually tell you to get down to your goal weight and maintain for 6 months.  That gives your body a chance to see what weight it is happy with. Plus you don't want to put out all that money with plastics then lose more and look saggy again.

My first doctor said get down to goal because the skin coming off doesn't weigh as much as what we wi****  did but the second doctor i went to and is doing my surgery was trying to get me to put on about 5 pounds before surgery. I have never been told that before  lol.

My body happy weight is between 140-143 and my plastic surgery is monday 29th of june.

Good Luck with your journey.............it doesn't hurt to get second and third opinions from different plastic surgeons till you find the one your happy with.

Wendy

Susan S.
on 6/23/09 5:27 am - Roselle, NJ
 General rules - 18 months post WLS and at a stable weight for six months.   Take the time now to get very fit - and your outcome will be much much better.  You do not want to do plastics until you are as lean as you're going to get.    Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Most Active