seroma drained

Nicole P.
on 6/23/09 9:29 am - NH
So I went in today for eval of my protruding belly and the Doctor stuck me a few times and could not get anything back but he knew there was alot of fluid in there...so he got another Doc to help push on one side and he stuck me on the other and got 60 ccs out..i felt better instantly!! 

We both think it will happen again and will ahve to be drained...but thats OK...no biggie..I could not feel a thing!  I am still mroe swollen thatn last week but I knwo that it takes time.

On another note, the girls at work think my breasts are too big!!  What do they know!!!  I was telling my Doc that today and he laughed cuz he said that he contemplated going bigger!!  And the other Doc in the room said, what do they know, everyone always says that they want to be a C....what do people know out there that have never looked into plastics.!

lap band 7/12/07, port revision 2/09
TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
/present/goal/surgeons goal
250      148    160       150
Nicole

NHskinnygirl
on 6/23/09 9:47 am - Nashua, NH
Hey Kiddo,

Welcome to the club...that is what I had on my boob...took Jeff two times to get rid if mine. They just don't go away...arn't they going to open up the wound and get that out. Jeff said it was because he left a cell or two in there and that was why I had to go back for the 2nd time...be thankful your numb right now, that hurt like hell when they did mine....
Oh and those girls at work are just jealous. They wish they could have perky girls like you...lol
Glad to see you are up and about. Are you going to Manchester Wednesday night??? Monique and I are...hope to see you there...Laurie
Laurie in NH     Expect the Best !  You will receive the Best....
283/251/150    

Jessica H.
on 6/23/09 9:47 am - Johnson City, TN
I'm glad you're feeling better, Nicole!  I'm sorry that you will probably have to go back to be drained again - but at least it isn't painful. 

How can one's breasts be too big?  Lol, I say that because when I lost weight, my shrunk to nearly an A but I buy B's to make myself feel better.  Did you have just a BA or did you have the reduction/lift thing?  I literally have nothing left on my chest - not really any skin or fat.  I'm wondering if I could even get a BA....

Anyway, hope all goes well and you don't have to go back!

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

Nicole P.
on 6/23/09 9:53 am - NH
Laurie....  no need to cut anything open...its just about draining and time..I will be there tomorrow night..can not wait to see you.  I do think that they are jealous!! 

Jessica...I too was barely an A and always bought larger cupped padded bras.  I do not know what size I am now but I am pretty comfortable with the size.  I am not in a real bra yet...just doing tthe sportsbra thing for now. 

The Doc also gave me a new abdominal binder...my initial one was way too streched out and was not supported me much anymore..this one is of much nicer quality too. I really am going to miss him!!!  I know he will do well wherever he ends up!!

TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
Nicole

PamT
on 6/23/09 10:16 am - Downey, CA
Nicole,

I think ya got it early and maybe, hopefully, won't need it as often as me. The first time he drained mine he got 220cc's. I'm on the 4th time so far and still swollen too.

Your breasts are too big?? You tell them "Jealousy will get you nowhere!!" 

PamT
Jessica H.
on 6/23/09 1:22 pm - Johnson City, TN
Lol - I'm the queen of large-cupped-super-padded-push up bras!

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

inkerdoodles
on 6/23/09 8:54 pm - Schenectady, NY

Nicole... Isn't it wonderful when you instantly feel better. I had emergency surgery on December 1st.... went under in complete pain... woke up completely pain free, barely needing any pain meds.

Jessica..... I think I have you beat.. I fondly refer to the girls as IHOP because they are worse than pancakes.. But because of all of the extra skin I'm in a d cup otherwise I ooze out. I'm hoping that some of this is taken care of with my BL on the 14th.

Hugs to everyone and glad you're all healing well..

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

bamagirlee
on 6/23/09 9:37 pm - Phenix City, AL
Hey Nicole!
Those girls are just jealous! blah blah blah on them! LOL

Glad you got the seroma drained.  I go for my two week check up tomorow morning and I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing doesnt happen to me. Just this morning I see one spot between my pubic area and the lower incision line that is puffy and I think has fluid. That area was a little bit uncomfortable last night but no issues this morning. You said you felt 'instant relief' does that mean you hurt there? Just curious. 
So far, I'd strill have not having the drains for a week for a needle stick to drain some fluid. 
Have an awesome Wednesday!
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Nicole P.
on 6/23/09 11:16 pm - NH
My Doc was telling me yesterday that the drains that they put in are a fairly new practice...maybe a few years now and before that...they drained fluid with a needle like they do whenwe get colelctions after they are removed.

TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
Nicole

MelissaF
on 6/24/09 4:39 am - Northwood, IA
I am so glad you got your seroma drained and feel so much better!!!

Eh... petty office women :P  Ignore em, you are a knock out!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active