Upper vs Lower body lift recovery time

cbhjr98
on 6/23/09 12:33 am
I know we've kind of covered a bit here and there - But......

So for those of you who've had Lower body lifts and your breasts/arms done - here's a question...

I had my Lower body lift with vertical incision thigh lift and was comfortable to return to work 1/2 days 3.5 weeks later, full time at 5 weeks (ok, I could have went full time before then, but I was taking it easy and I had leave). I was back to "normal" as far as daily activities go (swimming, lifting, etc) without being scared of damage at 8 weeks out.

Compared to recovering from your LBL - how long was it before you were comfortable to be returning to work and moving around after doing your breast lift, aug and arm lift?  How long was it before you no longer had to wear bandages and compression garmets?  Was arms worse than lower or was the lower worse as far as time to recover, pain, etc?

I'm trying to plan out a time line (with a couple weeks to spare - lol) but I'm wanting to go on vacation to get married in spring and honeymoon and want to make sure that my arms will be healed enough to do the lifting, airport, dressing, etc with everything involved.

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
mooshiegirl
on 7/7/09 7:10 am - Richmond, VA
I have done both.......except I had an upperbody lift and brachioplasty but not a breast lift/augmentation.

Pain meds did not help me with the upper lift/arms...there was so much burning with the incisions which narcotics did not help so I stopped bothering taking the pain meds two or three days out.  And as a total warning--YOU NEED VERY PERSONAL HELP the first 4 days post-op...your arms are stuck in a walking zombie position so fill in the planks of the stuff you will need help with in the restroom, eating, etc. 

I was able to get  back to "lifting" with an almost normal range of motion about 3-4 weeks out. 
You wear the garments for the arms and upper lift for 4 weeks, but I hear when you involve the breasts you might have to wear a garment for up to 6 weeks.

Also remember, the scars of the brachioplasty will be very "public" and they must stay out of the sun to help with scarring.  Those scars are no joke. 

Good luck, hope it helps!
Most Active