Just for Fun & To See How Different We and our Drs Are

bamagirlee
on 6/23/09 3:00 am - Phenix City, AL

In following everyone's progress over the last few months I see that not only our recovery times and experiences are different, our Drs orders are very different. I thought it would be fun to document these differences.
If you'd ike to participate please copy and paste the questions in your response window, then add your answers. If some are too personal simply skip them.

1) Surgery Type & Date of Surgery
2) How many tubes did you have?
3) How long before your tubes came out?
4) How many pounds of excess skin/fat was removed (if applicable)  
5) Did you wear a compression garment? If so for how long? 
6) Type work you do and how long were you out of work (or scheduled to be out of work)
7) How soon after surgery did you drive?
8) How soon after surgery did you have sex?
9) Favorite thing about your new body?
10) Least favorite thing about your new body?
11) What would you do differently? 
12) Would you do it all over again? 

1) Surgery Type & Date of Surgery  Achor Cut TT & Panniculectomy on 6/10/09
2) How many drains did you have? two
3) How long before your drains came out? 8 days (so far so good!)
4) How many pounds of excess skin/fat was removed (if applicable)  almost 17 lbs
5) Did you wear a compression garment? If so for how long? yes-the hospital velcro one for 2 weeks, then to Spanx/Assets/Flexies type garment for 2 weeks. At week 3 can wear the Spanx type garment during the day only for about 3 more weeks.   
6) Type work you do and how long were you out of work (or scheduled to be out of work) Very busy, high stress desk job (Health Insurance) Looks like it's going to be 4.5 weeks on leave.  
7) How soon after surgery did you drive? Should be able to after Thursday's visit (15 dys out)
8) How soon after surgery did you have sex? at 13 days out the mind is willing, the body is not quite ready. Maybe next week.  
9) Favorite thing about your new body? Still early but I know I will be able to more easily find clothes that fit. I won't have to hunt for those shirts that conceal the huge panni area. I love my flat tummy!
10) Least favorite thing about your new body? Right now my hips (love handles??) stick out but I realize some of that is still swelling.
11) What would you do differently? Too early to tell, so far so good.
12) Would you do it all over again?  YES! Took a few days to feel that way but now that I'm on the down hill slide I'd do it even if I had to pay out of pocket!!! 

Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Jillian B.
on 6/23/09 3:55 am - Sterling Heights, MI
I have not posted in so long but found this fun:
1) Surgery Type & Date of Surgery  5/8/09-Tummy tuck with anchor incision, Breast life
2) How many tubes did you have? 2
3) How long before your tubes came out? 2 1/2 weeks but went back in at 4 weeks then out 2 weeks later.
4) How many pounds of excess skin/fat was removed (if applicable)  8 pounds
5) Did you wear a compression garment? If so for how long? Still wearing 
6) Type work you do and how long were you out of work (or scheduled to be out of work)6 weeks
7) How soon after surgery did you drive? 2 weeks, then back in hospital then 2 weeks later
8) How soon after surgery did you have sex?not yet
9) Favorite thing about your new body?clothes fit better...everything. Never had this before.
10) Least favorite thing about your new body? The pressure you feel when doing too much.
11) What would you do differently? Done it in the winter...sweated a lot.
12) Would you do it all over again? now that I am here, yes.
Jill
283/165/160
surgery weight/current weight/goal weight

Kristina M.
on 6/23/09 4:07 am - North East, MD
Great idea!!!!!!

1) Surgery Type & Date of Surgery LBL 6/2007
2) How many tubes did you have? 4 drains 2 in the back and 2 on the side
3) How long before your tubes came out? I think 2 weeks but they really came out at different times
4) How many pounds of excess skin/fat was removed (if applicable)  21lbs
5) Did you wear a compression garment? If so for how long? full body for 6 full weeks then off and on as I felt was needed
6) Type work you do and how long were you out of work (or scheduled to be out of work) HS Spec Ed so I sched. it for the day school was out to give me the whole summer to recoup, but had complications ended up with open wounds that needed to be packed
7) How soon after surgery did you drive? 6 weeks
8) How soon after surgery did you have sex? 6 weeks
9) Favorite thing about your new body? that 18 yo actually hit on me lol
10) Least favorite thing about your new body? that i still see the fat person in the mirror
11) What would you do differently? have the surgery sooner
12) Would you do it all over again? YESSSSS!!!!!!
MSHAMO
on 6/23/09 6:00 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
1) Surgery Type & Date of Surgery  Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & baseball size umbilical hernia repair  2/25/09
2) How many tubes did you have?  3
3) How long before your tubes came out? 2 at 3 weeks & 1 at 4 weeks
4) How many pounds of excess skin/fat was removed (if applicable)  8 lbs
5) Did you wear a compression garment? If so for how long? Yes, I still wear mine during the day, love the support
6) Type work you do and how long were you out of work (or scheduled to be out of work) N/A
7) How soon after surgery did you drive? 3 weeks, could have driven sooner, DH just did
8) How soon after surgery did you have sex?  3 weeks, very carefully
9) Favorite thing about your new body? Pannus gone!!
10) Least favorite thing about your new body? Thinking more would have come off my midriff if I had had an anchor
11) What would you do differently? Take stool softeners earlier 
12) Would you do it all over again? In a heartbeat
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
workingmommy
on 6/23/09 8:08 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I am early out, but I'll give it a go!

1) Surgery Type & Date of Surgery- LBL on June 10th 

2) How many tubes did you have?- I have 4

3) How long before your tubes came out? -I am certain I will have at least 2 taken out on my appt. this Thursday.  The other tow might hang on a little longer.

4) How many pounds of excess skin/fat was removed (if applicable)- 17 lbs!

5) Did you wear a compression garment? If so for how long? Right now I have the velcro band which I love.  Once the drains come out I will be fit for a garment to wear for 3-6 months,

6) Type work you do and how long were you out of work (or scheduled to be out of work)- I do speech therapy for a school district, so I have the whole summer off to recover.

7) How soon after surgery did you drive? Dr. said I could drive after 1 week, or when I went off pain meds.  I am both, but my I haven't driven yet.

8) How soon after surgery did you have sex? *sigh* not yet..the drains are QUITE in the way!

9) Favorite thing about your new body? No droopy skin!

10) Least favorite thing about your new body? The little booty!

11) What would you do differently? Nothing

12) Would you do it all over again? ABSOLUTELY!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Ansampson
on 6/23/09 9:14 am
Oh what fun.
1) Surgery Type & Date of Surgery: Tummy Tuck with extension & arms on June 4 
2) How many tubes did you have? 5
3) How long before your tubes came out? 3 6days post-op and the last 2 day 18 
4) How many pounds of excess skin/fat was removed? 17 from stomach & 3 from arms
5) Did you wear a compression garment? If so for how long? still wearing told for 4 weeks
6) Type work you do and how long were you out of work? Teacher off for the summer
7) How soon after surgery did you drive? 13 days post op was told when off pain meds
8) How soon after surgery did you have sex? Not yet
9) Favorite thing about your new body? My new found lap
10) Least favorite thing about your new body? Thighs
11) What would you do differently? only one surgery at a time
12) Would you do it all over again? yes
Shirley H.
on 6/23/09 10:25 am - Bradenton, FL
1) Surgery Type & Date of Surgery ?  May 28th  panni and umbilical hernia
2) How many tubes did you have?  2
3) How long before your tubes came out? 1 at 6 days other at 12 days
4) How many pounds of excess skin/fat was removed (if applicable)  11 pounds 
5) Did you wear a compression garment? If so for how long? YES THE VELCROW ONE FROM HOSPITAL   6 WEEKS
6) Type work you do and how long were you out of work (or scheduled to be out of work)6  weeks
7) How soon after surgery did you drive?  1 week
8) How soon after surgery did you have sex?  3 weeks
9) Favorite thing about your new body?to be able to shave and see what I'm shaving LOL
10) Least favorite thing about your new body? No belly button
11) What would you do differently? make sure I end up with a belly button
12) Would you do it all over again? YES!!!!!
KathigME
on 6/23/09 11:30 am - Gorham, ME
Thank you for starting this thread Phyllis, although I can't participate yet (surgery sched 7/1)  this is very helpful to ME!!  I am getting a little terrified though!!  
Kathi G.  I LOVE MY RNY!!   
bamagirlee
on 6/23/09 10:02 pm - Phenix City, AL
Hey Kathi!
Glad this thread is helpful to you! Being anxious is normal, don't be terrified everything will be fine. There are some rough days in the beginning but all worth it in the end. As you can see we would all do it again! I will tell you in my opinion the worst part of it is the drains. I was really thinking the pain would be much worse than it was but was pleasantly surprised.
Best of luck!!
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

huskerfan85
on 6/23/09 1:59 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
1) Surgery Type & Date of Surgery 6/17/09 thigh lift inner and outter
2) How many tubes did you have? 2
3) How long before your tubes came out? hopefully tomorrow 6/23
4) How many pounds of excess skin/fat was removed (if applicable)  doc said around 5
5) Did you wear a compression garment? If so for how long? still in it, only a week out.
6) Type work you do and how long were you out of work (or scheduled to be out of work) High school asst. principal...off for summer
7) How soon after surgery did you drive? second day
8) How soon after surgery did you have sex? haven't
9) Favorite thing about your new body? legs that look like they match the rest of me...no saddle bags
10) Least favorite thing about your new body? the healing time....lol
11) What would you do differently? try to do the lower body lift at same time
12) Would you do it all over again? in a heartbeat!!!!
Gayle  6'2" 

Most Active