more swelling...? concern

Nicole P.
on 6/22/09 9:06 am - NH
I have had my drains out since Thursday.  I look down and see a "pooch" on my belly.  I touch the are and its almost like a wave occurs under my skin.  I am not sure if its fluid collection or just more swelling.  Looking at pics that we have taken...I think I am a bit more swollen than my one week post op pics...what should I do?

lap band 7/12/07, port revision 2/09
TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
/present/goal/surgeons goal
250      148    160       150
Nicole

PamT
on 6/22/09 9:18 am - Downey, CA
Call your doctor Nicole, explain your concerns, & ask him to see you to take a look at it.

I have had the fluid build up (seroma) since my drains were taken out and have had it drained now 4 times (last time was this morning). LOTS of fluid built up!  My once flat tummy tuck was looking like I was 6 months pregnant!  It's getting better now. Not flat again yet but MUCH less swollen & much less uncomfortable. 

IF it is a seroma, don't be scared. I was really concerned but I have not yet felt the needle AT ALL!!!!  NO discomfort or pain during the withdrawal of the fluid nor afterwards. The belly is still so numb you don't feel a thing.  

Call Nicole........find out.

PamT
Nicole P.
on 6/22/09 9:21 am, edited 6/22/09 9:41 am - NH
I will give them a call in the morning...I jsut went back to work today and I really do not want to take time off but I need to think about me.

I just called my Doctor and he offered to see me this evening but its a 45minute drive so I am going to go in tomorrow afternoon and most likely need to be drained.

TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
Nicole

PamT
on 6/22/09 9:42 am - Downey, CA
Mine is a real-quick, in the office procedure. Probably takes all of about 15 minutes!
Paige E.
on 6/22/09 10:02 am - TX
Wow you went back to work after only 2 weeks???  I'm just in the planning stages but I was thinking I would have to take 4-6 weeks off work.

~Paige~  -155lbs    (lovin' my band)   
At GOAL and BMI is healthy!!

Nicole P.
on 6/22/09 10:17 am - NH
yes, remember though..everyone is different.  I never had to take pain medication either.

THe swelling started on Friday which was a day after they took out my drains...my pooch in my abdomen just crept and got bigger over the weekend.

It stinks that I have to drive 45 minutes into Boston for it but thats life!

TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
Nicole

bamagirlee
on 6/22/09 11:13 am - Phenix City, AL
Nicole,
Glad you've decided to call the Dr. That is exactly what my Dr told me to watch for when he took my drains out. (the soft wavy belly) He did say it was a simple, easy thing to take care of if it occured. So far so good for me. 
Best of luck, let us know the outcome! 
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Most Active