TT vs. LBL

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/09 10:12 pm
Renee H.
on 6/25/09 4:19 am - Bronx, NY
Originally, I didn't even think much about an LBL.  I thought that whatever insurance paid for, I would get.  I didn't think it was necessary to basically have a butt lift or an outer thigh lift.  All I could see was my hanging panni and that's all I concentrated on.

After my consultation with my surgeon where we discussed the possibility of a full LBL, I started to see where the overall aesthetic would be nicer if I had it done.  I started out thinking I would have a hip to hip TT and ended up with an LBL with an anchor cut incision and then went back in 8 months for a revision to make the upper tummy better.

I have no regrets about having the LBL - but that doesn't mean that everything is perfect.  I definitely benefitted greatly from having the TT portion with muscle tightening and because of some weird fat pockets in my upper tummy, the anchor cut & the revision did WONDERS for me.  The butt lift part of the LBL also gave me an unexpectant surprise.  I had no issues with my butt really but I see the more youthful roundness to it with the lift that I hadn't thought of.  The only what I would call a downside for me with the LBL (and I will tell u the truth and not glamourize everything) is that the outer thigh lift was not what I expected.  Initially, it was fine.  But in my case, I have very heavy thighs.  Always did.  So after weight loss, I had a lot of loose jiggliness but it was spread out throughout the length of my thighs.  After the LBL, the weight of my thighs sort of shifted and when it all settled, the bulk of it settled at the widest part of my thighs; right below my hips and now the thighs jut out in a way that they certainly did not do prior to my LBL or even prior to weight loss surgery.  The thighs were always big, but I did not have these saddlebags before.  That is the only drawback I experienced in having an LBL.  Otherwise, my results were really good and when I look back on my before pics, I still can't get over it.
Renee H. aka "Queen Nae"
RNY - 8/04 - Alfons Pomp - NYC
LBL - 4/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
Revision to anchor cut - 12/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
UBL w/brachio - 2/09 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC

Siamak Agha MD PhD
on 6/26/09 12:33 am - Newport Beach, CA
The decision to have TT or LBL really depends on what you want and the shape that you are trying to achieve.  If you have a moderate degree on waist tissue laxity, you really will need a LBL to get outer thigh lift and an hour-glass look.  To learn more, you can downlaod a complimentary copy of my guide to post-bariatric surgery at:

www.plasticsurgerybodycontouring.com/b/

Siamak Agha MD PhD
Board Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society of Plastic Surgery
Specializing in Post-Bariatric Plastic Surgery
www.plasticsurgerycal.com

Renee H.
on 6/26/09 2:04 am - Bronx, NY
Perhaps you should reply to the original post, Dr. Agha.  I already had an LBL with my surgeon here in NY so maybe others who are still deciding can benefit from your post-bariatric guide.
Renee H. aka "Queen Nae"
RNY - 8/04 - Alfons Pomp - NYC
LBL - 4/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
Revision to anchor cut - 12/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
UBL w/brachio - 2/09 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC

Most Active