TT vs. LBL

Paige E.
on 6/23/09 4:52 am - TX
I have my first consult tomorrow and I'm wondering from those of you that have already had a TT or LBL...  what made you chose one over the other?????   Anyone had a TT and later wished they had the LBL?  

~Paige~  -155lbs    (lovin' my band)   
At GOAL and BMI is healthy!!

Susan S.
on 6/23/09 5:19 am - Roselle, NJ
 If you have sagging and excess skin in the outer thighs and behind - a TT is not sufficient.  It was really the surgeon's call but I knew I needed an LBL.   I also wanted my inner thighs tightened - and I had to have the LBL done first and wait six months to proceed with the medial thigh lift because the latter was largely determined by how successful the LBL was with the outer structures.     Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/23/09 7:03 am
I had the option of doing a LBL - I have fat rolls at my back, but my behind is genetically flat so - I decided to go with just the TT because my pannis was HUGE.  I did the anchor cut TT in order to address my waistline and I am VERY happy with my decision - I just couldn't bring myself to do the all around the back cut - just didn't 'sit right' with me. Call me chicken or whatever!  LOL

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

boomer65
on 6/23/09 8:24 pm
I started out wanting the LBL, but my PS is very conservative so he would only do a TT and we'll go back and do the backside.  In retrospect after all the healing and the time it's taken me to get back to feeling myself (which I'm still working on), I'm glad I only got the TT.  I'm just going to have to live with my backside and thighs for a little longer.

Have more than 1 consult with more than 1 doctor because when you find the right doctor you'll listen to what he recommends is the best way to go.

Franci

Paige E.
on 6/24/09 12:06 am - TX

I do have a total of 3 consults scheduled.  The one who is going to be the most costly specializes in WLS patients... he would be my pick hands down if money were not an issue.  The other 2 doctors are going to be a bit more resonable on price but don't have as much experience with WLS patients.  But I am interested to hear what they all recommend.

inkerdoodles
on 6/23/09 8:58 pm - Schenectady, NY

I'm scheduled for surgery on the 14th but I have to tell you.. I am so glad my surgeon thoroughy explained both surgeries.. Because my excess skin extends par past my hips a TT would not do the trick.. so I've opted for a Belt Lipectomy (circomfrential TT some call it, an extended LBL others call it)... This will get rid of all of the excess skin front and back, give my flat butt some definition and an upper thigh lift all in 1..

Talk to your dr. Ask him what in his medical opinion he would recommend.

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 6/26/09 12:43 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
I really don't see how a LBL will give your butt any definition. Usually a flat butt is a side effect of having a LBL. I had a decent sized butt before my body lift and then directly afterwards I had NO BUTT - flat as a pancake and painful to sit on. Now that the skin has relaxed, I have a butt again but it's mini compared to my pre-plastics butt.
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Melissa M.
on 6/24/09 12:00 am - Seabrook, TX
I had the saggy skin hanging around the bottom of my butt so I had to have the LBL.  I have seen some folks just get a TT and still have a saggy butt and I thought they would have gotten even better results if they had gone all around.  What a difference it really makes.   I almost split it with another surgeon but so glad I didn't have to.  Of course if you had a TT or a LBL you can't speak to the other, but from my experience with the LBL, the backside hasn't been a problem at all.  Most of the pain and discomfort for me is in the front.  My butt has been a little sore since I had a butt auto aug with my LBL but I think it's because I've been sitting and reclining so darn much!!  Seriously, my backside hasn't been in pain at all compared to the front.

Good luck,
Melissa
Paige E.
on 6/24/09 12:07 am - TX
Thanks everyone for replying to this!!!  I'm a bit nervous for my consult this afternoon but excited as well!!!  I'll let you know what he says.

MelissaF
on 6/24/09 4:36 am - Northwood, IA
Yes keep us posted! 

I love my LBL but regardless I woulda been happy with an extended TT also but he said go for LBL all the way.. so I did.  Let us know what you decide.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active