walking

speicallady
on 6/23/09 2:29 am - bronx, NY
how long after a tummy tuck are you able to walk? 
I know it will not be the same for everyone, I have to have a tt and an hernia repair
I am just trying to judge, the time I will be stuck to a chair/bed.

hopefully I can have the surgery July 24 or Aug 7

thank you

debra
bamagirlee
on 6/23/09 2:36 am - Phenix City, AL
Hi Debra
If you are referring to walking from the bed/bathroom to the bathroom, that is the same day for most all I believe. My Dr had me walking around the house every couple of hours once I came home.
If you are talking about walking for excercise I'm not sure. I'm two week out tomorrow and plan on asking that when I see the Dr Thursday. I've been to Target for a brief trip and did pretty well so I'm thinking I can start going to the mall and walking some by next week. (love all the benches they have there so you can sit and rest in between!)  
Best of luck with your surgery!
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

speicallady
on 6/23/09 2:54 am - bronx, NY
Thank you so much for your repsonse  I want to take about 3 to four weeks off from work, so I am trying to figure out how long I have to stay in the house. 
bamagirlee
on 6/23/09 3:46 am - Phenix City, AL
Gotcha! My first week was spent indoors close to the reclinder! At 8 days I took my first outing to the Drs office. Since then I've been venturing out a little at the time and can tell I'm getting stronger as I do. Keep in mind that I also had panni removal so I'm not sure how much different the TT alone would be.   
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

speicallady
on 6/23/09 4:21 am - bronx, NY
I am having an large hernia repaired as component seperation technique with a tt with panti removal.  I am trying to see if they can do a lbl, instead. I know that this will kick my butt, but have been trying to get this surgery done for about a year, most of it will be I will have to pay for so I am just trying to see what will be needed. 
boomer65
on 6/23/09 8:28 pm
Debra,

I was released for "short" walks at week 3 I think.  But it was very short.  I walked around the house quite a bit after the first week.  I worked out on a regular basis prior to my TT and BL/BA so I was standing almost upright 3 days after surgery but still in my recliner for the first week with not a lot of movement.  I've really taken it easy and let my body heal as I pushed it too far when my PS released me and paid the price in swelling and pain.

I'm 5 months out and just now getting back to the gym on a regular basis.  Everyone is different and you'll need to listen to your body even after your PS releases you from restrictions.

franci

speicallady
on 6/24/09 1:24 am - bronx, NY
Franci
hello
When were able to go back to your bed?

thanks
debra
(deactivated member)
on 6/24/09 12:52 am
speicallady
on 6/24/09 1:23 am - bronx, NY
hi Jodi
thank you for replying
you stayed in the house for three weeks?

debra
boomer65
on 6/24/09 3:10 am
Debra,

I was in my recliner for about the first week and then moved to the bed with my legs elevated and sleeping in an almost upright position for the next week or so and then I layed flat with my legs still being elevated.  For me it took several weeks for me to be able to lie flat with no pillows under my legs.  But now I'm good to go.

Franci

Most Active