Update-- T minus 48 hours! (X post)

Jupiter6
on 6/22/09 2:12 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Saw my plastic surgeon today. We discussed my having a circumferential lift instead of an abdominoplasty but the money just ain't there. So he's going to extend my abdominoplasty instead, with the intention of finishing the back (and thighs) one day if I hit the lotto.

Was fitted for and received custom compression garments-- made to order-- in a size small. It's like a bolero jacket that hooks up the front, and a girdle with an open crotch. Luuuurvely.

I have a hernia. Unfortunately, the only difference this will make with my surgery pricing is that I now need 2 nights in a hospital, which BC BS is agreeing to pay. So it's looking like an extended anchor cut abdominoplasty, a panniculectomy, brachioplasty, mastopexy and herniectomy for about $15k. Still trying to get BC to cough up something for arms and breasts-- I love a challenge.

Doc is fantastic-- but says he's not going to have much to make breasts with. I don't have side or back fat to add to what's here-- I'll be lucky if I can even approach a B cup-- this from a 48H cup. I don't care-- I do not want implants. I'll have to shut up and deal. But having been a busty gal forever this may be kind of hard to take. Dunno.

As I suspected my skin isn't slated to weigh much-- maybe 10 pounds, total.

He does allow skin donations so I am trying to make arrangements tomorrow.

I'm being typed and crossed in case I need blood-- he thinks I may. I will be on the table between 10-12 hours.

My pre op labs show that my effin' protein is 6.0-- in the low range. I eat 160-180g protein most days. Just goes to show you some of us really aren't as absorptive as we'd like to be. I'm back on the supplements, bars, and other annoying crap.

That's my deal! Hanging in!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Redhaired
on 6/22/09 2:27 pm - Mouseville, FL
I hope it goes well for you.

Red

DEBI R.
on 6/22/09 5:28 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I hope you have a safe surgery and speedy recovery Thursday, I'll be praying for you. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Ansampson
on 6/22/09 8:29 pm

Sending positive vibes your way. I had the tummy tuck with extension and I'm please with it as it left me with a shelf (I call my behind). Good luck to you and I'm praying for your speedy recovery. The kids and staff will be amazed to see the new you.

inkerdoodles
on 6/22/09 8:55 pm - Schenectady, NY

You go girl... Sending huge cyber hugs and good thoughts for a speedy pain free recovery... Keep us posted and don't forget the pictures....

Hugs....

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

dec721
on 6/22/09 9:33 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Wow, Jupiter, you are really getting the works!  Fantastic!  Best wishes for an uneventful surgery and an easy recovery :-)            --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/09 9:50 pm
B Girl
on 6/22/09 10:04 pm
Glad to hear you're getting another night in the hospital with nurses to help care for you.  What's the nursing/recovery plan once you're at home?  I don't want to hear another story about you being all alone in the flipping recliner and crawling on the floor. 
Jupiter6
on 6/22/09 11:28 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I wish. Instead I will have my parents haranguing me, but I'll live.

My doc wants me out of the hospital asap--- isn't that sad? He's very concerned about staph and mersa-- it's a shame that hospitals really aren't all that safe these days.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

B Girl
on 6/22/09 11:34 pm
LMAO!  What's worse?  MRSA or dealing with your parents?
Most Active