Plastics time.. questions!! Ab tuck or boobs first???

Catherine S.
on 6/22/09 10:50 am - WA

Ok..so..the time has come...

It looks like I am going to do plastics thru the UW surgical residency program, mainly due to cost. I need pretty much everything done..... THe estimated cost is (and don't quote me on this if you call them b/c it isn't in stone yet) 3k for arms, 3k for thigh lift, 4k for boob lift/implants and 4k for tummy. 

Now, although these are significantly reduced prices, the $$ is still tight and I really can only do one thing right now ( they only do one procedure at a time anyway..but not sure when I will get the funds to do the next)...so... decision time!   They recommended abdom work first, then breast.... but I think I want breast first.  

My question for you all is.... as anyone done breast before abdominal work?  Did that tuck pull your breasts down????

Thanks
C

Jessie-F
on 6/22/09 11:45 am
Good question!! Can't wait to hear what the concensus say! I am suppose to

have a TT and a BR on Monday but my insurance paperwork got screwed

up. The hospital room is already booked for my surgeries so  I'm thinking of

going ahead with the TT (self pay) and later on go on with the BR when the

insurance goes through (if it goes through!).
I wonder if one alters the other.

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

nicunicu2002
on 6/23/09 11:50 pm - Sharon, MA
I just had my initial consult a couple of days ago.  I met with a PS that specializes in WLS patients.

He told me that because my torso is long, that he would be able to do both surgeries at once but If I was looking at only one surg at a time, that I would need to have the tummy tuck done first because if I have the breast done first, when he goes in later to do the TT, he would have to stretch the upper abdominal skin DOWN and it could displace or reshape my breasts...

something for you to think about!

kim

Most Active