Arms recovery alone?

aboymom
on 6/22/09 8:33 am
I'm thinking of getting my arms done the week my husband starts a new job.  Anyone have advice on that?  I have two kids, 7 and 9 that don't need much from me.  I couldn't have done the gastric bypass without some help.  Will I need the same amount of support for my arms or am I being a BIG BABY!!  (I often am a baby about all this...)  How much time should I plan from being off work.  I am a speech language pathologist that runs around a lot but doesn't lift much during my day.
Ansampson
on 6/22/09 9:45 am
I required help for the first 11 days. I'm off for the summer so I don't know how long you will need off work. However, several people said they returned to work after only three weeks. Good luck
O. Kufi
on 6/22/09 12:44 pm
I was off for 6 weeks but I had other procedures at the same time. I did not do any lifting over 5 pounds. I had help but I did manage without alot of help. You learn how to modify and make your moves slowly and methodically as you learn your limits. I have read several did not have help so I guess its a personal thing based on your situation but I personally think it is doable.

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Redhaired
on 6/22/09 2:32 pm - Mouseville, FL
I think I would have been ok.  Just be sure that the things you need are within reach because reaching for things above shoulder level is tricky.

Red

Most Active