BA tomorrow at 7:30 AM!!!

bandhope
on 6/22/09 2:48 am, edited 6/22/09 2:50 am - TX
I got back from my camping vacation with my extended family for Father's Day. I managed to stay away from being burned or bug bites! Yippee! Now, I'm preparing from my BA tomorrow. I'm starting to get soooo nervous. A million things are racing through my mind. Will I be too big? Will I be able to bounce back quickly? Will my band react negatively? I feel so unprepared, but I can't think of anything I need to do besides picking up my meds. My son was picked to play (pitcher) in a big tournament this week. I am so bummed I have to miss it. My life is so busy that there isn't really a good time for anything that would slow me down. I feel like such a bad mom today.

I'm also nervous about my MIL. Everything I do or plan to do she always has something negative to say about it. I wished I could just turn her completely off in my mind. My husband is very close to his mom so it makes it tough.

I'm doing this surgery to restore my femininity. I "gained" so much after loosing all the weight, but I lost my femininity along the way. I love feeling like a women and I'm such a feminine person at heart so I'm thrilled to be blessed with the opportunity to restore my femininity by having the surgery.

I'm praying for a quick and easy recovery!
Best wishes to everyone who is starting or recovering from this part of the journey.
Kristina M.
on 6/22/09 3:16 am - North East, MD
Well I wish you a speedy recovery as well, but remember sometimes after its all said and done we do have to be a bit selfish and put ourselves 1st. You don't need any negativity right now so I'm sending you as mush positive happy blessings as possible enjoy this you deserve it. YOU are not a bad mom!!!
bandhope
on 6/22/09 8:19 am - TX
You made my day!!! You are so sweet. Thanks for your kind words.
katiekat412
on 6/22/09 3:57 am
Wow!! This happened so fast for you!! You are so lucky. I know you will have guilt, but you shouldn't. You deserve this, and you worked hard for it.

Your concerns are legitimate, and I'm sure you will face all of them the first week or two post-op...but that's just anesthesia blues!! You are going to rock this girl!! Everything will be fine, and then you can flaunt your stuff...well for your husband anyway.

Keep us updated!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

bandhope
on 6/22/09 8:20 am - TX
Thanks for the laugh. I needed that today. You are so kind.
bamagirlee
on 6/22/09 4:00 am - Phenix City, AL
Best of Luck!! Remember that no matter what you do there will be some *****act negatively. As long as you and your husband are in agreement set your mind at ease. This too shall pass.

As for your band, I had the same concerns before my panni/TT, especially since by band is so fickle and I was feeling a little tight leading up to the surgery. I have no no problems with band tightness at all. I think the tightness before the surgery was nerves and being anxious about it all. You'll do fine!

Remember you need to take care of yourself, and feel good about yourself to take care of others the way you need to, and to help them feel good about themselves.

Good luck! Post when you feel up to it and let us know how you are doing.
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

bandhope
on 6/22/09 8:22 am - TX
Awesome! I'm so glad to here your ps and band reaction experience. My band is a little tight today and I think it's nerves. I need to focus on trying to relax. Thanks again!!! I will post updates.

Jenny
huskerfan85
on 6/22/09 4:22 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Good Luck, I wish you a speedy uneventful recovery
Gayle  6'2" 

bandhope
on 6/22/09 8:23 am - TX
Thank you!!!!
MelissaF
on 6/22/09 5:17 am - Northwood, IA
You are going to do great!!! So glad your day has finally come.. you will be so glad you did it.  Sometimes we have to do these things for ourselves so we can be better wives, mothers etc... b/c we feel so much better our outlook is better and our everything is better.. if that makes any sense.  You will see... I am much happier not carrying around my pannus now.. u will be much happier having girls for your femininity just like you said.  Wishing u an uneventful surgery and smooth sailing recovery.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active