Seroma?

oceanwave2
on 6/22/09 7:13 am - Clayton, NC
Hi everyone.   Sorry for no updates lately.  I am doing pretty well.  I am almost 4weeks out from my BL (no implants) and Fleur Dy lysis abdominoplasty.  My PS said that once both drains, which were placed in my pubic Mons area.  Well both drains got down to below 25cc per drain and he said we could take them out.  Well since then I have been back twice and on the first visit 80cc were removed and the second time it was over 170 cc.  I am now swollen again down there and am seeing him again tomorrow to drain more fluid.

The good thing is I am not taking anymore pain medication, and the fluid he is taking out is not infected and has no odor.  But it does concern me about the fluid build up.  I just wondering how many  more times am I going to have to go back and have this done.  My one month appointment with him insist till July 13th and at that appt I am suppose to find out when I can return to work, drive, etc.  Because I am meeting with my boss after my appt.  I just can see going back to work and having to leave get it drained and the going back to work.

I am sorry that this post is so long but everything else has healed up so fast and fine.  It just scares me a little.  I am keeping compressions on it.  I would appreciate any advice you guys might have.  Thanks so much.

Jasmine

P.S.  I must say I do love my new hour glass figure and fuller/higher breast.
PamT
on 6/22/09 9:40 am - Downey, CA
I've gone 4 times now to have the fluid removed from my belly.. the most recent being this morning. My belly got HUGE, like I was 6 months pregnant. It's MUCH better now but still swollen.

PamT
Ansampson
on 6/22/09 9:42 am
I'm sorry you're having a rough time but it will get better. I had my last two drains removed today and I'm praying I don't have any problems. If you have to leave work so be it. I'm sure it won't be for much longer. Sending positive vibes your way.
Nicole P.
on 6/22/09 10:05 am - NH
I am going to morrow for a possible drainage...I look like i am a few months pregnant!!!  I know that this happens but its not the kind of excitement that I like!!

lap band 7/12/07, port revision 2/09
TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
/present/goal/surgeons goal
250      148    160       150
Nicole

Most Active