Mexico surgery questions

katiekat412
on 6/22/09 1:21 am
1. How do you handle post-op complications? Can you get follow-up care in the US? Does the Mexican surgeon handle these complications?

2. I see people get a lot more "Multiple procedures" done at the same time when in Mexico. Is this true? Can anyone share their experience?

3. Which Mexico surgeon have you used? For what procedures? Would you do it again?

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Melissa M.
on 6/22/09 7:52 am - Seabrook, TX
Have you been to psjourneys.com?  They have a Mexico forum on there where you can get lots of helpful information.

Also, I had considered Mexico for my PS but decided against it for personal reasons.  I ended up going through a medical residency program for about the same price.  However I did meet with my PCPs to see if they would do my follow up care.  My current PCP said he wouldn't  but the one I had used before him said she would.  She was very open to the idea.  I called a couple of PS doctors none of them wanted to touch another's surgeon's work especially out of the country.  It really depends on your relationship with your primary.

I have heard a lot of good things about Dr Sauceda.  You'll have to thumb through some posts but there has been some info posted about him.

Good luck,
Melissa
Diane B.
on 6/22/09 8:36 am - Seymour, CT
I am going to Dr. Sauceda on July 8!  I am having a LBL including tummy, inner thigh lift, arms and breast augmentation all at once.  If you look back, Ithink I posted about a week ago with my decision.  I will be sure to post my thoughts as I recover in Mexico for 12 days.  I called my PCP and although not too happy about me leaving the country, she said she would support me.  Any serious complications would be covered by my insurance if I went to the ER or convenient care.

I have been trying for weeks to get onto the PSJourneys website, with no luck. 
Good luck in your research!  Diane.
katiekat412
on 6/23/09 5:14 am
Thanks so much! I look forward to hearing about your experience. I'm sure it will be a good one.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

shscharger
on 6/22/09 9:21 am - MS
VSG on 12/10/07 with
Katie

I have my surgery scheduled for 10-02 with Dr Sauceda in Monterrey.  I have met him twice and even had him come to my room at the reunion back in March to go over exactly what I needed to have done.  Just to give you an idea of the difference in the doctors compared to most here in the states - he spent an hour of his time going over everything and answering ALL of my questions and then some . (All while on a weekend get-away from his practice ! )  He is a very very nice man .  Plus I have also met his wife who is his anesthesiologist (sp ? ) .

I am going to have a lower body lift and a medial thigh lift at the same time.  Here in my home town the doctors wanted to do them separate which would have caused me to wait another year because of the time off from work .  

Below are a few of the OH patients that I know who have used Dr S .   The top three I have even met in person and know they would be glad to answer your questions.  

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/mbaat40/     www.mymexicopsjourney.com   http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/cathyky/   http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/asjas81/   http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/debmcd123/   http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/my_turn1/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/finallyme/

Hope this helps you .

Good luck
Tony

PS   If you send Dr Sauceda some detailed pictures in an email , he will explain what he thinks is best for you and how much it would cost you .
Julie G.
on 6/22/09 10:04 am - Glennallen, AK
VSG on 08/02/07 with
1. You should get a local PCP that will see you after you come back and let them know what's going on. If there are serious complications you need to go to your local doctor to help you. I know my doctor, Dr. Sauceda will let you know what you need to do and will talk to your local doc if you have complications.

2. I had a lower body lift, a thigh lift, arm lift, breast lift with augmentation, and a little lipo under my chin. All done in one procedure and I'm glad I had it all done so i don't have to go through the whole process again! But amazingly I had very minimal pain! I mostly just had discomfort.

3. I used Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico. I would do it again in a heartbeat, Dr. S is an amazing and caring doctor. I definitely reccommend him :)

Feel free to ask anymore questions!

The only thing that stands between you and what you want from life is simply the will to pursue it and the faith to believe it is possible.

katiekat412
on 6/23/09 5:22 am
Thanks Julie!! I'm sure I will think of a million! Did you have pain meds? Was Monterrey "safe"? If you are comfortable sharing, could you let me know what you paid? If not, no worries! Just glad to hear someone's expereince!!

O. Kufi
on 6/22/09 12:24 pm

Hi
My PCM is very supportive. I can either go through her or if I needed emergency care I have coverage.

I also went to Dr Sauceda (love love love him) last year and had a LBL, BL/BA, Arm lift and medial thigh lift. I spoke to Dr S or emailed him upon my return but I had no complications and like Julie only discomfort. I was in Monterrey 10 days, was in the clinic for 4 days and the hotel the rest of the time. Dr S came to see me everyday and he and his wife are sooooooo wonderful. I did not have anything stronger than Tylenol after leaving the clinic.

Yes I would do it again and as a matter of fact am returning for some additional work.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.
Do your research and be comfortable with your choice.

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Blessed One
on 6/23/09 8:26 am - Silicon Valley, CA
How much did you pay for all your procedures? those are the same I'm interested in.
Thanks a lot!
Erika
Most Active