Not eating enough????

huskerfan85
on 6/21/09 4:28 am - Colorado Springs, CO
I guess this healing from plastics is taking more out of me than I thought, I have lost 14 pounds since my surgery on Wednesday. The doc told my mom he only took five pounds...so I have lost 9 more pounds, for which I am thrilled, but boy do I end up light headed in the mornings.  I am now working on eating more small meals and eating later in the evening so that when I wake up I am not so light headed.
Gayle  6'2" 

MelissaF
on 6/21/09 5:29 am - Northwood, IA
Actually your metabolic demand for healing is high right now so your body probably needs more than before even though u are not as active.  I would push all protein right now and if I had room then have some veggies.  Your protein demand is high high high right now and so do shakes or whatever you gotta to do to get it in.  Hang in there... you will be ok.. it takes time - amazing weight loss and actually not uncommon as they remove some of the alpha/beta (not sure which one) fat and it stimulates weight loss again in many ppl not at goal yet.  Still try to get in enough so u can heal properly without wound problems.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

huskerfan85
on 6/21/09 10:18 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Melissa, thanks for the advise, I have increased my protein, and have also increased my fat intake just a little...was extremely low in that area and of course the good carbs when I have the room.
Gayle  6'2" 

bamagirlee
on 6/21/09 5:51 am - Phenix City, AL
Hi Gayle!
I'm with you, so I totally understand. I still have some swelling and am already at my surgery weight minus the 17 lbs the dr took off, so, I've lost weight as well and have had to force myself to eat! Most days I have no appetite at all but I can tell it gets a tiny bit better each day. 
Like Melisa suggested, I just tried to push protein. If it is not full of protein I don't even bother with it right now. The first few days I did a lot of protein shakes and yogurt during the day and cheerios with skim milk for breakfast. Now I don't want any of them LOL
Anyway, it will get better and while the scale looks good going down I understand the struggle to eat enough to heal properly. You'll get thre!    
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

huskerfan85
on 6/21/09 10:20 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks Phyllis, I am and have been even before surgery pushing protein, It just seems like it is not enough....guess I will have to increase some more....  Good Luck to you also!!
Gayle  6'2" 

Jessica H.
on 6/21/09 2:18 pm - Johnson City, TN
I'm in the same boat.  I wasn't eating near enough for my body to heal and it really took it's toll.  I felt like a wet dishrag for most of the day.  When I stood up, I got dizzy.  I had to force myself to take a shower and that completely drained me.  For the past two days, I've been really pushing the protein - and it has really perked me up.  I knew better than to let my appetite guide when to eat - I don't have one at all!  Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better!

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

Kristina M.
on 6/22/09 6:40 am - North East, MD
 Do as many protein shakes as you can right now. I ended up with open wounds that had to be backed and heal from the inside out. I am also very fair skin which had a lot to do with it as well but keep the protein up and increase your iron pills. Happy healing!!!!!!!! quickly
Most Active