things I need

ericas623
on 6/20/09 6:00 am - Roseville, MI
Ok, I went shopping today, bought some gauze, tape, neosporin, vitamin E, bio-oil, and some protein powder.  Anything else I will need?  I am having my tummy tuck a week from Monday.  My sister just recently had hers and this is all she told me.  She however is not a gastric bypass patient.  Thanks in advance,

Erica
Jessica H.
on 6/20/09 6:21 am - Johnson City, TN
Do you have help lined up for the first few days?  I can't think of anything else you will need other than books, magazines, movies, etc.  I have been so bored!

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

ericas623
on 6/20/09 7:06 am - Roseville, MI
Yes, I have help.  My husband is taking the first day off.  (I don't know how he will help that day, since I will be in the hospital)  My sister and her husband live with me, so they will be here to help, while hubby is working.  I have a ton of DVD's in my basement going to bring some up.  Will have to get magazines.  Oh yeah, also we brought up the recliner chair from the basement.  Hubby wasn't too happy about that, because it doesn' match.  I told him though, that is where I will be sleeping for awhile.

I am just getting excited and nervous.

Erica
dec721
on 6/20/09 8:26 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
This isn't in the vein of anything to buy, but one thing I found helpful was to put a chair with arms (like a dining room chair) beside any bed or sofa you will lie on; you can help yourself up by leaning on the chair arms.  Also, I covered anywhere I might lie with old towels, just in case I leaked.  Didn't want to muck up the furniture.  Best wishes!         --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Melissa M.
on 6/20/09 11:03 am, edited 6/20/09 11:05 am - Seabrook, TX
I'm only four days out but the things I seem to be using more are my lift chair, my hospital bed tray on wheels (or a laptop tray might work), my toilet seat riser and my little rubbermaid on wheels with 3 drawers.  I guess a table would work too but it's nice having the drawers to put the stuff away you're not using all the time.  The bed tray is good because I can just wheel it in front of me when I want to eat or put a magazine down or whatever.  I have my laptop on it now.  I like it because it has more surface than your typical laptop tray and goes higher than those too so i can use it in my bed.  My lift chair has been the best thing ever because you can control how high or low you want your legs and your back much more than you could on a manual recliner.  It helps for the first few days especially when you don't want to have to sit too far down when you hurt the most.  My little hand grabber thing has been good because I've dropped my remote and cell phone a couple of times with all the pillows and blankets around me.  Keeps me from having to ask somebody every two minutes to pick something up for me. 

Lots of protein stuff to snack on too. 

Good luck,
Melissa
bamagirlee
on 6/20/09 11:15 am - Phenix City, AL
Erica
How exciting! Sounds like you're all ready! The one thing I was thankful to have that you didn't mention was wet wipes. (not the alcohol kind)  They were so handy for bathing before I could get into the shower, and I also used them to strip my draines. Seems like the grip was better using either those or the little alcohol wipes.
Good luck!
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

ericas623
on 6/20/09 11:20 am - Roseville, MI
Thank you I haven't even thought of wipes.  I am going to have definately get those.  I do have some alcohol wipes-but very few.

Thanks so much
Leslie
on 6/20/09 11:47 am
Congratulations! You're going to love your TT!

i suggest lip balm, a back scratcher and a toilet seat lift thing. The only protein powder I'll drink is the Champion Nutrition Whey Chocolate or banana scream. Those taste awesome!

4 Years Post Op: At Goal And STILL Loving My DS!  
340/180/180  ~  5'11"  ~   I lost 160 lbs!!  
LBL & Hernia Repair: Done! Arm Lift: Done! Next Up: Thighs & Boobs!
Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at
DSFacts.com

MSHAMO
on 6/20/09 1:43 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI
Congrats on your surgery, you will love it!! If you have a heartburn issues, make sure you take something with you to the hospital, I almost had to kill a nurse before I got something in the middle of the night, LOL!! Also, and I can't say it enough, make sure you get some stool softeners, Colace are OTC, or something to stay regular. Constipation is a huge problem, especially for me on pain meds!!! Good luck!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
bamagirlee
on 6/20/09 10:39 pm - Phenix City, AL
YES....I agree, and start thaking those stool softeners BEFORE you feel like you need them! I've never had constipation problems so I didn't start taking the stool softeners in time and UGHHHH. :)
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Most Active