Where do I start?

jonelle32514
on 6/19/09 1:39 pm - Pensacola, FL
I went to 3 consults. The surgeon I am going with had a free consult and my breast lift with augmentation and inner thigh lift is 10,270. and my LBL is 11,970.  I don't need my arms done. Is there any way you can take a loan? My Dr said it did not matter which procdeure I do first, but the LBL he will not combine with any other procedure and he also said that the recovery for the breast and legs is shorter than the LBL. I am most unhappy with my boobs. I went from a 48DD to a 32A. I also do not like my thighs. My insurance will not cover anything because I do not have a panni so I took out a loan. My husband will not let me go to Mexico, but Terri R, went there and she likes her results.  I am combining my legs and boobs because it is cheaper, one hospital fee, one anethesia and so on so you may be able to do arms and boobs possibly legs in one procedure then lbl in another. Have you checked into Canada?

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/09 10:50 pm
MyLady Heidi
on 6/20/09 12:08 am
My opinion is get it done in the order of annoyance, I had my first plastic surgery (tt and neck lift), my second my arms and a revision to my neck.  My breasts are fine they don't need anything but my legs are another story, they will probably never get done.  My tummy tuck was the surgery that made the most difference to me, it really made me feel like I lost weight, I still love it over 2 years later, the other two surgeries were not as successful but they have made things better not perfect.  Add me as a friend if you wanna see my plastics pics.

Hugs Heidi
-Da Dream-
on 6/20/09 3:38 pm - Golden State, CA
inkerdoodles
on 6/20/09 10:23 pm - Schenectady, NY
Hey now....... that really wasn't necessary.... we're all adults here.

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

inkerdoodles
on 6/20/09 10:31 pm - Schenectady, NY

Jessica... let me start by saying.. You look amazing.

I know where you're coming from. My insurance here will cover a panniculectomy and all the talk about the insurance blah blah blah.... Mine wanted documented 'antibiotic resistant rashes'... so even though I had documented rashes they still said no way jose'.... because mine are being treated...

I personally am going with a belt lipectomy (circumfrential TT, butt lift and upper thigh lift all in 1).. Most PS offer free consults so please look into that. And in these recession hard times ask them if they offer any discounts. My PS who I absolutely adore. No hard sell, totally honest with me, told me exactly what medically I should do etc.. discounted my surgery over 4 k to allow me to have it... For my surgeon, anesthesia, pa and hospital by bill will be 7,500. before the discount it would have been close to 12k.

there is also care credit if your ps participates which you could use to finance if that is an option. Good luck and keep us posted.

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

-Da Dream-
on 6/21/09 12:18 am - Golden State, CA
Jessica Jean-
wish you the best hun!!

Its not what they know,  its what they can prove.
~Alonso ~
(from the movie training day)

IM  ALSO ON FACEBOOK. :)

MyQnA
on 6/23/09 1:43 am
I am not sure how much new info I can add to the topic because, you have been given such great advice already.  I had a complete tummy tuck, breast lift with augmentation and all i paid for was the implants.  yes, i live in Europe and the insurance is different however the rules are generally the same had I paid cash for the whole thing I would have been about 11 0r 12k in USD that includes everything a few nights in the hospital the anesthesiologist, the surgeon the follow up care etc etc etc the insurance reimbursed me after my payment.  I don't believe I could have received better care anywhere in the world. 

I also want to add get consults not just one several and then make an educated choice based on your personal feel of each qualified surgeon.

Best of Luck

~Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Most Active