Where do I start?

Iam_with_the_Band
on 6/19/09 7:09 pm
Exactly!  Well said Musicorrie!  NOT all insurances will pay for plastics.  Some are extremely strict and it is in writing up front that all plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons or not are excluded.  My insurance is one of those.  It doesn't matter what problems I have due to my extra skin, they absolutely will not pay!!!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

ilyssajane
on 6/19/09 2:50 am, edited 6/19/09 2:54 am - Forest Hills, NY
Hey Jessica Jean,

My tummy looked like yours before my TT (I had horrible rashes in the crease and in my belly button, and horrible back pain, but my insurance (BCBS) would only cover a panni-removal if my panus hung lower than my pubic area, regardless of rashes or pain, which it didn't.  So I ended up paying for all my work out of pocket.  Over 2 years and 2 surgeries, I had a anchor cut TT, pubic lift, LOTS AND LOTS of LIPO, and upper body lift (didn't do my boobs, even though I would love them done, hubby doesn't want them touched) and MORE LIPO! 

I went and spoke to several doctors who accepted my insurance, found the one I loved and went with her, we submitted to the insurance company, they denied it and I then maxed out my CC!!!!  But it was worth it!!!  I feel much better now! 

Good luck and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!!!

AND BTW, your pictures are STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL BEST!!!
Ilyssa
RNY 6/22/05 = 268 * TT 2/22/07 = 164 * Arm Lift 1/16/09 = 170
Happy in life and that is all that matters!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/09 2:57 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your great weight loss.  Outstanding!

So far as surgery.......I started with my breasts because I hated them.  I was a 46/48 DDD and after surgery I'm a 36C.

I'm still working on getting all my lower body stuff done.  Like many when I'm packed into my cloths I look pretty good......take the cover off and OH MY I look like a sharpei!  I can't wait to get my lower work done.

Best wishes on your plastic surgery journey...
(deactivated member)
on 6/19/09 4:58 am - Buffalo, NY
Don't you hate when people don't actually read your posts? My insurance DOES NOT cover it lol

Thanks everyone, I love getting insight on this as I obviously have no idea where to start. It's so good to hear success stories, I feel guilty spending this much money that could be used for a new car or something on my body, but I feel like I deserve to be happy! 

My bariatric surgeon recommended waiting until I have maintained my weight for 1 1/2-2 years before starting any plastic surgery, I honestly don't know if I can go one more day with these breasts of mine! I wonder if it's too early to schedule a consult with a surgeon o.0 I hate that I have to spend $50-$100 for a consult when I won't even be able to have the surgery for a year a half :*(
katiekat412
on 6/19/09 5:05 am
If your PS won't do it until you've maintained, you can go to a different doctor. The one I will consult with later this year requires that you don't lose more than 5 lbs a month for more than three months. NO PROBLEM! LOL!

Anyway, they have differing opinions about what is required, so you can answer shop. I don't want to live with it for another year and half either!

I know TT and BL/BA are my priorities, but I think I need lipo and a small thigh lift to be normal. I'm going to see if my insurance will cover the panni (they cover it, but mine may not be bad enough). If not, I'm probably off to Mexico! I read that somone here had LBL, BL/BA, arms, and thighs done, airfare and hotel included, for about $18,000.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 6/19/09 5:10 am, edited 6/19/09 5:11 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
That was just a recommendation. I waited a little over a yr after RNY to have my plastics done.. because that's when I felt comfortable with it!

My expenses with Dr Quiroz were as follows:

$5500 for the LBL
$2500 for Augmentation (Extra $500 for lift)
$2500 for the arm lift
$700 for anethetic

Then on top of that, airfare and I stayed at a recovery centre for 2 weeks which was $150/night (there are hotels available for roughly $70-90/night)

I can't see your picture because photobucket is blocked where I work :(:(:( Do you need a body lift or just a tummy tuck? I believe he charges $2500-$3000 for a tummy tuck.

You could definitely get all your work done within your budget!
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 6/19/09 7:11 pm
I'd call around and find a plastic surgeon that doesn't charge for the consult.  I found one and he said that during this recession, many are doing free consults.  Plastics is a luxury that many aren't doing and they are in need of our business.  Good Luck!

AND I have to tell you, I wouldn't want to wait another 1 to 1 1/2 years - you've done all the hard work it's time to start enjoying your body!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/09 6:15 am - Buffalo, NY
I think I need a body lift, my butt sags, my thighs look like they are melting, my apron hangs and pulls, and I have this pouch of skin right on my upper abdomen that drives me nuts more than anything else.

Everyone keeps telling me to never go to Mexico for surgery, but honest to god, I haven't heard a bad thing yet o.0
MelissaF
on 6/19/09 6:45 am, edited 6/19/09 7:59 am - Northwood, IA
Just for reference, I paid almost 11k after insurance paid for panni portion for my LBL here in the states.  It is def cheaper in mexico but I was just too nervous to go there being a nurse myself.  I have heard of many with great results and only a couple bad stories so far.  The good def outweighs the bad but still makes me nervous in regards to follow up.  I know you will make the right decision for you.. good luck.  I have pics on my profile of my LBL but u have to be a friend to view, let me know if you are interested.  Congrats on your success, amazing job!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Melissa M.
on 6/19/09 8:06 am - Seabrook, TX
If cost is an issue, I would definitey look into a residency program in your area before going out of the country.  I did tons of research and met with lots of doctors and even went to Mexico for a consult.  Ended up getting one of the best surgeons in Houston working with one of the med schools for a really great price.  They are much cheaper and all the attending surgeons are board certified.  You'll be amazed at their prices.  I can only go by the programs in my area, but the LBL runs about $6500-7000.  A tummy tuck would be much cheaper since it's less OR time.  You can almost get all your work for that price.  Just start going on consults and researching.
Most Active