Just Starting to Look into Plastics - Texas Surgeons?

cwin656
on 6/19/09 10:45 pm - Springtown, TX
Hello everyone.  I'm almost a year out and am beginning to think about having some plastic work done.  My surgeon suggested waiting until I am 2 years out to get plastics done but I am thinking of going ahead and doing some consults to find the right surgeon and find out how much money I will have to accumulate before having the work done.  I live in the DFW area and would love to hear from people (good and bad) about their experiences with surgeons on Texas.  So if you're out there and have had plastics work done in Texas, I'd love to hear from you.  Also, anyone else who might have any suggestion as to where to start. Thanks everyone. - Cheryl

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/19/09 11:31 pm
I don't know anyone in the DFW area but I can tell you who to AVOID in Houston - Dr. Franklin Rose.  RUNNNNNNNN FORREEESSSTTTT if he comes up on your list of folk to consider!!!!

I had a horrible experience with him - HORRIBLE! 

My other tip - be SURE you research ANY doctor you consider on the Texas Medical Board site - if ANYTHING comes up on their record - RUNNNNNN!!!! 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Ansampson
on 6/20/09 3:17 am
I used David E. Morales at Baylor-Dallas. He has done a lot of wls patients and they were please with his work. When I called other surgeon's offices their staff told me Morales did good work as well. I spoke with ten of his current and former patients and they were all pleased. I'm please with my results as well. Already planning and saving for round two. His number is 214-827-8407. Good luck to you as you continue your journey.
MSHAMO
on 6/20/09 1:24 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI

Hi Cheryl, Good to see your post, you're coming up on a year!! I've had a few plastics done, be careful, they are addictive, LOL!!  Good luck, you will love whatever you have done!!

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
BeatlesFreak
on 6/21/09 3:17 am - Mesquite, TX
Hi Cheryl,

I just had my tummy tuck w/flank liposuction done this last Thursday.  Dr. Laurence Weider did mine at his surgical center at Medical City Dallas.  I had the BEST nurse I've ever had; she spent the night in the suite with me; I wasn't inpatient, just overnight observation.  So far, I have loved everything about the surgeon and his staff.  I have absolutely no complaints.  I haven't unbandaged myself yet to see the results, but I can tell you that it already looks like a dramatic difference....I can see my lap!  I have posted pics on my profile, but only my friends can see them, so if you would like to view them, just request to be my friend.

I definitely recommend starting your search for a good surgeon now.  Dr. Weider came highly recommended from my WLS surgeon and I ended up using him because his price included his fees, anesthesia and facility fees.  His website is:  www.drweider.com

Good luck to you!
~Ronna
~ Ronna

BeatlesFreak
on 6/21/09 8:57 am - Mesquite, TX
I just approved your friends request.
~ Ronna

cwin656
on 6/23/09 10:36 pm - Springtown, TX
Thanks everyone for replying to my post..  Ronna, thanks for your info and allowing me to see your pics.  You look awesome!  Just curious . . . How much did that excess skin weigh? I'm trying to calculate how close to my goal weight I should strive for before I have the surgery done.

Most Active