I went too fast and messed up.........

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/19/09 1:16 am
Back to work this week was NOT a good idea.  I should have kept working from home.  Basically - wearing the compression bra ended up irritating the underside incisions from my breast lift so bad that they are raw and icky now - not opened but not nice looking and they are hurting.

AND one of my drain sites isn't closed completely either.  All the moving around and being out in the 100+ degree heat is counterproductive to relaxation and healing - imagine that!!!!

Sooooo - guess who worked from home yesterday afternoon, will do so today and MIGHT be on half days Mon- Wed next week while I let the girls breathe - after just yesterday they already feel better and the incisions aren't as 'angry'.

When they say TAKE IT EASY - that's just what tha hell they MEAN!!!! lol

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

purpletb
on 6/19/09 1:21 am
  Now you know better!  There is no way I would have gone back to work in 2 weeks!  I took my whole 6 weeks when I had my TT/hysterectomy/hernia repair.  Even then, I only worked about 5-6 hour days.   I didn't really start feeling "normal" until about the 4th week.

I also had the problem with the drains opening back up and making a huge mess on my clothes, bed, chair....that was not a pretty sight.  Had to go back in twice and get them closed up again. 

Please take it easy and don't try to do too much, too fast! 
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/19/09 1:28 am
Hey - this ain't the economy to be sleepin on the job!  You know mofos just WAITIN to dump mofos on medical leave!  I had to be sure my CHECK wasn't going nowhere.

BUT I do realize my freakin health is more important than anything - so I am taking heed.

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

MelissaF
on 6/19/09 1:22 am - Northwood, IA
I was surprised to see you going back to work so quickly Mama... I took 6 weeks b/c well my job is extremely physical and I lift heavy things, been, stoop, lean, etc all the time but even jobs that don't require that, there is still healing to done.  I realize many ppl cannot swing the time off work but at the same time it isn't worth hurting what you had done either... hang in there and hopefully half days will benefit you next week.... take it easy!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/19/09 1:28 am
Thanks Melissa - this will be the SLOW and EASY weekend for sure! 

Jessica H.
on 6/19/09 2:14 am - Johnson City, TN
I'm lucky that I don't have to go back to wor****il August 10th (I teach).  However, I think I have been rushing it.  I went to Wal-Mart last night - just to get out of the house.  I walked around for a little while and then came back home.  I did some laundry and I felt fine last night.  Today....oh, I'm hurting today.  I need these drains out!  

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

karenbaron
on 6/19/09 3:13 am
How did you feel when you first got home?  I am having my surgery on 7-28-09. 
Melanie B.
on 6/19/09 4:03 am - Doylestown, PA
I had my BR/BL on 6/5 and was back to my office on 6/11 which was fine for me since my job is a desk job and i was close to pain free as well.

I am planning for a TT after the new year and assume I'll be out for a good 2-3 weeks for that one. joy.

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/09 10:34 pm
Cindy C.
on 6/20/09 8:32 am
Hey Mama,

I hope you feel better really soon.  I'm an accountant and tried to go back to the office 15 days later.  I was absoloutely miserable.  I couldn't get comfortable in my chair.  I tried a smaller task chair and it was so hard my butt hurt.  I tried adding a cushion to the chair and after 4 hours, I gave up and went home.  This was all due to my TT.  As for the boobs, I had a place open up under my right breast (I'm right handed).  I believe I even know when it happened.  I reached up to turn on the ceiling fan.  It felt like my implant moved.  It was a strange pain.  It was horrible trying to get it to heal, especially with the heat.  It took almost two weeks. 

Soooo, if you can, please try to take it easy.  I hope you keep your breast from getting any worse.  I can't imagine having both of them feeling raw.  Take care of yourself.

Cindy

Height 5' 1"   WLS on 12/05/07      Plastics on 04/27/09                                 

Most Active