Have u noticed other areas

Ansampson
on 6/18/09 8:18 pm
of ur body seems to stand out more after plastic surgery? Now that I've had my tummy tuck it appears to me that my thighs are God awful. They are so big and I'm beginning to sweat between my legs. I don't remember this ever being a problem. Also, I notice my back breast more. Even while going through the healing process I wished I had my breast done as well. Trying to create a plan of action as to when and how I'm going to pay for a breast and inner thigh lift. I sure hope I'm not going to focus in on every little thing that I notice wrong about my body. My co-worker said I would get addicted to plastic surgery but with the healing process I highly doubt it. What's your take on ur new body. One other question I tried on a pair of size 16 pants. I couldn't pull them up over my hips; do you think that's because of swelling or I'm just not there yet? I can get the knit pants on with no problem it's just the regular pants that I'm having problems with. Thanks for your input.
Redhaired
on 6/18/09 9:52 pm - Mouseville, FL
Yep I think this is called the carpet effect or something.  You paint a room and then you notice that the drapes look a little shabby.  You get new drapes and then you notice that now the carpet needs replacing.  I think this is pretty common after plastics.

Red

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/19/09 12:50 am - OH
It's very common to have one area of the body "fixed" via PS and then start to focus more on the other areas!  You might be surprised how quickly you "forget" how arduous the healing process eas from a previous surgery when you are noticing the OTHER areas of your body day after day!  I had my arms and tummy done (and am JUST NOW -- 5 months later -- finishing healing up the giant crater left when the incision turned necrotic) -- and I am happy with those (although I *would* like to get some lipo right around my belly button where there is still a funny small bulge of fat).  Would I *like* to get my thighs done and a breast reduction.... heck yes.  I won't though, partly because of finances (it will atke me another year to finish paying off what I have already had done) and partly because I am afraid both my thighs and breasts would not look the way I would want them to (so I'll stick with what I have)... and partly because I CANNOT go through another necrotic hole anywhere on my body!

On your pants... who knows.  It could be swelling (I dont; know how far out your are) or it could be that size 16s in fitted, non-strecthy pants are just too snug for you.  It could also be the particular pair of size 16s you tried on... clothing sizes are all over the place!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MelissaF
on 6/19/09 1:26 am - Northwood, IA
Yep! PERFECTLY NORMAL! unfortunately it draws attention to other areas.  I now what my upper body rolls (side boobs) etc GONE b/c I look so svelte where my LBL was done but above.. ick.  I even bought a very cute dress yesterday at a 2nd hand shop and well it fits but SNUG up top and I know if I didn't have the skin it would fit me like a glove.  It can be frustrating.  I just keep thinking how lucky I am to have what I did get done. I can see how PS could be another form of transfer addiction following weight loss surgery.  
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active