Post Op Pics Posted (tt & panni)

MelissaF
on 6/20/09 10:33 am - Northwood, IA
Hijack! Just wanted to tell you Leslie how awsome you look! Your transformation with your DS and then your PS is incredible!!! Way to go!

What changes are you seeing now that you are 8 mos out from LBL? Just curious as I haven't noticed that much since 2 weeks postop and I am 8 weeks postop today!  Thanks in advance!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Leslie
on 6/20/09 11:21 am
Thanks Melissa! I was so swollen for so long! Just this past month I've noticed the bones starting to show again in my lower back, so now I can finally see more contour in my butt. It doesn't seem as flat. I'll never have a big shaply JLo butt, but I definitely have more shape now. I also don't swell anymore at night. It's amazing how much I would swell every night, but not anymore. I also notice that I have more strength in my abs now, or maybe I'm just not afriad to use my abs now. I'm still not exercising because I have another small hernia, but I feel stronger now.

4 Years Post Op: At Goal And STILL Loving My DS!  
340/180/180  ~  5'11"  ~   I lost 160 lbs!!  
LBL & Hernia Repair: Done! Arm Lift: Done! Next Up: Thighs & Boobs!
Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at
DSFacts.com

MelissaF
on 6/20/09 12:46 pm - Northwood, IA
Wow, you were swollen a long while weren't you!!!  I bet you wanted to strangle your body with all that swelling.. I am so impatient I would be going nuts!!  I am definently more swollen at night.  Did you doc make you wear a compression garment? I have worn mine other than to shower religiously every day now for almost 8 weeks.  I think it helps a lot.  It is starting to get hot tho now that it is summer.  I am glad you feel like you are more free to do things.  I am back at the gym running and i love it!!!!  Hang in there and hopefully you can get that hernia fixed soon, no fun there!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Leslie
on 6/20/09 1:01 pm, edited 6/20/09 1:05 pm
The swelling was awful. I heard of people still being swollen up to a year! Thankfully that wasn't me! Yes, I lived in my compression garment day and night for months! I was so happy when my surgeon said I should stop wearing it at night and then finally stop during the day. I was good about wearing it, but I hated it!!

The hernia is tiny compared to the massive one that was fixed when I had my lbl. This one is just a little bump just under my sternum. I'll have that fixed after the boobs/arms. Take care.

DSFacts.com

bamagirlee
on 6/20/09 11:07 am - Phenix City, AL
Hi Leslie,
Just looked through your pics and WOW you are a totally different person. Beautiful before, but absolutly radiant now!
I look forward to seeing all of the improvements!
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Leslie
on 6/20/09 11:22 am
Thanks so much, Phyllis!

DSFacts.com

Peggy M
on 6/20/09 9:28 am - Raymore, MO

(hanging head in shame)

I am a lurker here and am looking into plastics so I haunt this board looking to see if anybody has the same amount of skin I do.  Soooo...I went to look at your pics and I can't find this folder....am I missing something?  I feel like a huge dummy cause I can't find it....sigh.  I would appreciate it if you could tell me what I am doing wrong...thanks!

Peggy 
Life isn't about about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
bamagirlee
on 6/20/09 11:10 am - Phenix City, AL
Hi Peggy
Don't feel bad. Every time I think I have it figured out I find out that I DON"T have it figure out!

If you click on my name (bamagirlee) under my pic you will go to my profile. From there I believe you'll see my pictures on the left side, a little ways down.
The folder may be 'before and after plastics' or it might be plastics before and after' I can't really remember which. Once you click on the folder you should then be asked for the password
workinprogress.

Hopefully that will work for you!
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Peggy M
on 6/20/09 12:52 pm - Raymore, MO
Thank you soooo much....I really felt stupid...lol.  I finally got in and WOW girl, you look wonderful!  Thanks so much.  My panni isn't quite as low as yours but I have a thick one and the "alien" area in front also.  I appreciate being able to see the comparison...it helps me envision.  Thanks again and you look marvelous!
Peggy 
Life isn't about about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Most Active