My Drains are Gone!!!!!

bamagirlee
on 6/18/09 3:52 am - Phenix City, AL
Thank you JESUS!! My drains were removed this morning and I am already walking better, feeling better and even eating better. How amazing is that? I think the drains were grossing me out and I was having to force myself to eat and then not but a couple of bites at the time. I did really well at lunch and am looking forward to eating the left overs later on.

Doc says I'm right on track as far as my healing, just need to begin eating more. (Even with the swelling I'm now only 3 lbs away from surgery weight minus amount of lbs he took off. )
I was draining so little there was no need to keep them in even though he warned I may have a little seepage through the drain holes. That, I can deal with!!! He also told me what to look for just in case the fluid started building up. He said one more week in the hard binder then I can move to Spanx if I want to. 

The very end sutures on each hip are a little red, and that is where most of the swelling is but he said they are nowhere near infected, just keep an eye on them and call if they get worse or begin feeling warm to the touch.  

This morning was the first  time I got dressed since surgery and my Mom was astounded when I put my dress on. She kept saying I was so skinny and hubby said he was going to have to get a big stick to keep the men away now. LOL Don't know 'about all that but I did feel good to hear it even though I don't quite see it yet because I still have a little swelling, and a tshirt and a binder all under the dress. 

Doc said my swelling is minimal and I think that is because I've had VERY little sodium this week and have drank a lot of water and Isopure.  

Mentally it was SO good to get outta the house so when I called hubby to let him know my drains were out I announced that we would need a small drive around town every day now. LOL 

I'm pleased, life is good!
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

huskerfan85
on 6/18/09 3:57 am - Colorado Springs, CO
congrats getting those drains out......I have mine till next Wed.  
Gayle  6'2" 

Nicole P.
on 6/18/09 4:26 am - NH
WOO HOO!!  I am at my appointment now to have mine removed!!

i am gald that you are feeling so much better and are able to eat a little better.

lap band 7/12/07, port revision 2/09
TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
/present/goal/surgeons goal
250      148    160       150
Nicole

Cindy C.
on 6/18/09 7:07 am
I understand where you're coming from.  I had mine for about three weeks and didn't feel human until they were gone.  Everything seemed so much better after that.  I'm 7 weeks out and I have been wearing my binder at night for about the last week.  At 4 weeks, doc said I didn't have to wear binder.  But, after 2 weeks without it, I looked pregnant.  It doesn't bother me to sleep in it.  My belly looks and feels better during the day.  I just can't wait till the swelling goes away forever!

Hope things continue to get better for you as time passes.

Take Care,

Cindy

Height 5' 1"   WLS on 12/05/07      Plastics on 04/27/09                                 

MSHAMO
on 6/18/09 9:26 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
Sure makes you feel like a different person!!  Congrats!!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
workingmommy
on 6/18/09 12:27 pm
RNY on 12/10/07 with
You are so lucky!  I am glad that your recovery is going so well.  I know what you mean about wanting to get out of the house...enjoy the freedom!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

MelissaF
on 6/18/09 2:29 pm - Northwood, IA
YAY!!

It makes you feel so much more human doesn't it to have the drains removed???

That is awesome and sounds like you are healing wonderfully!  Great job!!!

It amazes me how each surgeon is different about the binders.  I am still in my stage 1 compression garment at 7 weeks out.  I have to wear it for THREE months! Wow.. I tried spanx at 4 weeks for a wedding... NO GO.. my back was killing me.  I swear I must be a wuss LOL.  

Way to rock this surgery, I am so excited for you!!!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/09 10:10 pm
Most Active