Plastic Surgery And Chronic Pain

Beamer
on 6/19/09 4:23 am - AL
I would love to have a LBL, BA, and my arms done.   My problem is that I am a little afraid.  I've had two back surgeries, suffer from ankylosing spondylitis, and take pain meds daily.   I had my eyes done and laid on a gurney for 6 hours in a lot of pain before the surgery.  

Should I just forget it.  I know sleeping will be difficult as I cannot imagine sleeping in a recliner.

I just hate to give up on my dream.  It's been two years since by gastric bypass.  I am certainly not a wimp.  I work daily;  keep going, and would certainly not consider myself disabled.  Also, wonder if Dr. Sauceda would even consider doing surgery on me.

Because He Lives....

dec721
on 6/19/09 8:39 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Think of it as short term pain for long term comfort!  I have fibromyalgia and a really painful back.  Lying in bed, or lying anywhere and not being able to move much, is agonizing.  But I MUST get this arm flab sliced off.  At the worst, I'll be immobile for a couple of days, but I'll be rid of that flab forever!  It must be done.  Let's suck it up and do it :-)          --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Beamer
on 12/18/10 7:50 am - AL
Thanks for your encouragement. I needed that.

Because He Lives....

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/09 10:55 pm
Most Active