FINALLY... my necrosis "wounds" are almost completely healed!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/19/09 12:56 am - OH
It has been FIVE very LONG months, but the large hole that I had across my ribcage (over 1.5 inches deep in one spot, and 6 inches across at the widest spot) and the holes under my breasts are closed.

I had one area under my breast close and then re-open, but it is almost completely closed -- just a pea-sized area without skin now -- and the alrge crater is close dover.  The skin is still very fragile at the very center (the last area to close), so I still ahve to pad the area with an ABD pad every day to keep my bra from rubbing it open again, but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I am a bit afraid to see my RNY surgeon on Tuesayd, though, about ym gallbladder problems.  I need to give my body time to recuperate some more, but I don't know how long I can put off having my GB removed (and I don't know whether -- after my TT and hernia repair with a 6x6 piece of mesh -- she can do the GB removal la*****t)... sigh.

For now, though, I am just so happy to see that giant crater finally closed and to be so close to not having to walk around with my belly bandaged!  Maybe is another week...?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

BigCityGirl
on 6/19/09 12:59 am - San Diego, CA
Well, that's certainly good news.  I'm happy for you.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
shalee04
on 6/19/09 1:20 am - Bakersfield, CA
WOHOOO that's great news about it finally closing. I told ya mine took over 4 months to heal.  I had my revision on May 5th to correct the big ugly scar that was left.  NOW I am finally happy with my tummy tuck!!!  it's everything I wanted and so much more.

I'll keep you in my prayers all goes well with your Appt. on Tuesday.

Kelly
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/19/09 1:25 am - OH
My scar is not nearly as bad as I was afraid it would be.  The PS offered to do a revision on it for free if the triangular area at the junction of the "t" between my breasts does not fade well, but I think I can live with it.  The worst area of scarring is actually below the one breast where no one (including me unless I lift the breast and look in the mirror!) can see it.

Glad you're happy with yours now. 

Lora

MelissaF
on 6/19/09 1:23 am - Northwood, IA
You sure have been through a lot. I would be afraid to have my GB out too this quickly after all this... hang in there and make sure you voice your fears.  I can tell you that the GB surgery if done lap is minimally invasive as I am sure you already know and that is a good thing.

Hang in there so glad u are finally healing up!!! wonderful news!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/19/09 1:27 am - OH
Thanks.  Yes, I will try to put it off as long as I can (even my surgeon expressed some concern about another surgery when i was in 3 weeks ago and she ordered the ultrasound).   IF she can do it lap, that's one thing, but if not... well, hopefully she will give me something to take for pain when it gets really bad and I can put the surgery off until the fall...

Lora

shalee04
on 6/19/09 1:44 am - Bakersfield, CA
That's good your scar isn't too bad. The scar I was left with basically looked like a small "butt" from the  belly button down to the top of my cookie, It just didn't fill in and up when it healed as ithe Dr had hoped. it also extended over to my right hip 1/2 way. I really had no choice but to get it revised.  PS didn't charge me, was going to do it in the office, said should take an hour, But  we both decided to do it at the surgry center , I just paid the anasthethia and center fee, and its a good thin, took him 3.5 hours to repair me. (he also removed some scar tissue from the breasts since I was under)
I was MORE scared this time becasue of the necrosis, I just didn't want to go thru the hell again should I develop it.....  I Didn't wohooooo!!!!!   But becasue of this I dont think I will ever go in for PS again, sure I would love the thighs done, But I hear that wound issues are more likely with the upper thighs, and boy do I have thighs,,hehehhe

So I just keep telling myself. to be happy with what I have now!!!  A flat tummy and Perky boobies!!!!!!

Kelly
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/19/09 10:31 pm - OH
My scar is also indented, but not to the extent that yours was (and mine goes from the waist UP since it was a reverse TT.. so although it was NOT what I was hoping the finished product would look like, as long as I don;t look at the triangular area right at the top between my breasts, it's not much worse than my open RNY incision).  It's just that, because the scar is indented, it makes the two sides of my tummy look fat (when it's NOT... and I worked so hard to lose the FAT).

So, we'll see what it looks like in 5 MORE months... and how scared I am by then of another necrosis if I have him do the scar revision.

Lora

Melissa M.
on 6/19/09 5:30 am - Seabrook, TX
Congratulations!  I know that has been a real pain for you.  I'm sure it felt like the day would never get here.   Happy to hear it's all better!
2kristie
on 6/19/09 11:02 am - , MO
Congrats!!  I have been watching your progress and just wanted you to know that I feel for you.  I had RNY complications for 5 months and its was a LONG road too but I know it can be overcome...great job hanging in there...keep up the great work and before you know all will be a distant memory...kind of like childbirth!! LOL...smile.
Most Active