I'm home

Melissa M.
on 6/18/09 8:08 am, edited 6/18/09 8:10 am - Seabrook, TX

Just dropping in to let you guys know I made it home yesterday about 3:30. My surgery was on Tuesday.  I am very sore as I did WAY too much walking yesterday.  I ended up going to the ER about 10:30 last night because the side of my thigh got very sore and was going down my leg.  The Dr wanted me to go the ER for an ultrasound just to be sure there wasn't anything going on there.  OMG was the pain awful.  I swear every time I sat down they'd call me back for something else.  Anyhow, they did an ultrasound on my leg and no blood clot so they sent me home about 2am.  As soon as I walked in the house I crashed in my recliner and slept about 4 hours straight which I didn't think was possible so early out.  I am trying to stay ahead of the pain pills now that I am home.  I did well the day of surgery but then my blood pressure got too low and they wouldn't give me any more pain meds.  That was not good.  Thank God I had a pain pump but there were plenty of other places that were hurting pretty good.  I kept asking the nurse if they would at least give me Tylenol but nope.  When the doc came in at 7am the next morning I finally gone only 1 vicodin.  I tell you it's hard to get ahead of the pain once it gets pretty intense.  

I'll post later when I feel up to it.

Thanks,
Melissa

bamagirlee
on 6/18/09 8:27 am - Phenix City, AL
Hi Melissa,
I'm so glad you're home...and home again! I am so sorry you had that much pain. I can only imagine. Even though it wore you out I'm glad you did go to the ER and find out everything was OK. Peace of mind is worth so much. Rest up and take those pain meds and you'll be good in no time.

Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Cindy F.
on 6/18/09 8:44 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
You must rest and rest.  Glad it was not a blood clot.  Even though you had to go to ER.  Good that you had it checked out.  Rest and soon you will be feeling much better.  Can you tell do you love the results yet?

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/09 12:19 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Yippee you are home......so glad you are feeling well enough to post.
Glad the leg thing turned out to be nothing.

Take it easy, get lots of rest!!!!
Look forward to hearing more about your procedure and how you are doing......

Ruth
MelissaF
on 6/18/09 2:23 pm - Northwood, IA
Glad to see all went ok, even with that bump in the road with the thigh.  Hang in there girlie... this is the worst part, it will get better from here!  Glad you were able to post that you were doing ok.  So glad to hear it!!! Happy healing!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Redhaired
on 6/18/09 10:58 pm - Mouseville, FL
Melissa-
I am glad to know you are home.  I am sorry you are having such issues with pain.  I hope you are feeling better soon.

Red

purpletb
on 6/19/09 1:16 am
Glad you are home and hope your recovery goes smoothly.  I had a consult with your doc yesterday and got my quotes.  Now I just gotta go find some financing to cover it. 

I'll definitely be watching for your updates. 

Take care and get lots of
(deactivated member)
on 6/19/09 10:19 pm
Most Active