Insomnia

Jessica H.
on 6/17/09 8:40 pm - Johnson City, TN
Since coming home from the hospital, I've had insomnia.  Well, it's probably just due to the fact that I can't get comfortable on the couch and the bed is even worse.  I wake up every couple of hours and I'm usually up for good around 5:30-6:00.  Anyway, this morning during my sleepless moments, I've been browsing Victoria's Secret semi-annual sale (free shipping on any order today AND $20 off a $150 order using code 20OFF150).  I absolutely CANNOT wait to buy a sexy bra/panty set.  That's what I'm looking forward to the most.  So, that's how I'm dealing with my pain and discomfort - the rewards to come.  Hope y'all are getting more sleep than I am!

Jessica :O)

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

Ansampson
on 6/17/09 8:52 pm
Jessica
Trust me when I say I understand your inability to sleep. I still can't get comfortable in my bed. Trying to keep my arms elevated is a major problem. Then they swell big time. However, I get up between 4:40 and 5:30 on a regular bases. I can't wait for that time to come. I usually wake up between two and three because I'm not comfortable. I need to go see if Ms. Vicki is ready for me. I was told she carried a bra that would lift the girls since weight loss took all my volume away. I look like I have two hanging stockings on my chest. I'm going to try to stay up later and see if that helps me to sleep deeper or longer. Plus my dr gave me something to help me to sleep. Haven't tried it because I don't want to be out of controll unable to wake up on demand as I have three young children at home.
Jessica H.
on 6/17/09 9:02 pm - Johnson City, TN
I understand that.  I have one ambien that I could take get some rest - but I'm a single mother and wouldn't want to not be able to wake up should something happen.  That stuff worries me anyway - but I'm a worrier...lol.  I always think, "What if there's a fire and I can't wake up?"  So....I only take ambien when I'm desperate.  I'm not to that point yet....but I'm getting there.

330/294/161/170

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/17/09 9:05 pm
I am SO with you on that!  I had the WORST time getting sleep the first week and a half.  Ended up taking Rozerem to be able to sleep at least 4 hours at a stretch - thought I was gonna lose my frickin MIND!!!! 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

inkerdoodles
on 6/17/09 10:58 pm - Schenectady, NY

Are you taking any pain meds at night. Personally I can NOT take any codine products (espicially Lortab)..... Codine makes me wired.. even when it's in cough syrup. I have it on my list of things to discuss with my PS... Could it be a reaction to your pain meds? How about trying a little childrens liquid benadryl. A little sleep may make you feel better.

You are so right though..... every day you're 1 day closer to a new fabulous sexi'er' you...

Hugs,

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

MelissaF
on 6/18/09 1:47 am, edited 6/18/09 1:49 am - Northwood, IA
A couple good alternatives for drugs that do not contain codiene or codiene derivitives (hydrocodone) would be oral dilauded or ultram. 
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

MelissaF
on 6/18/09 1:48 am - Northwood, IA
How fun!!! I am so excited for you Jess!!! I still get convusions when I step into VS... will that ever go away? Like I don't belong in there!! ugh.. haha.  I know I can, if only my brain would shut off so I could!

Have you tried a benadryl? How does that react for you? It is what gets me through.. love it.  Or melatonin? Just some thoughts... hang in there it does get better.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

bamagirlee
on 6/18/09 3:33 am - Phenix City, AL
I'm right there with you all! I can't get to sleep at night because I can't sleep on my side yet. SInce I got my drains out this morning I'll try again tonight however there is this one muscle that insists on hurting when I lay on my side, I'll keep trying though! 

I normally take Melatonin on a nightly basis but it's on the 'do not use' list from my Dr. Says it affects blood clotting so I'll hold off on that until I'm two weeks out. I refuse to take the pain pills when I'm not in pain, so that's out of the question. I've been taking the extra strength Tylenol at night but that is not really putting me to sleep. I may send hubby to the store for some Benedryl after while.   
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

MSHAMO
on 6/18/09 9:42 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
It took me about 3-4 weeks until I could get any sleep. I guess that is why the first few weeks are so difficult, I really felt sleep deprived!! 
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Jessica H.
on 6/18/09 12:41 pm - Johnson City, TN
I'm still taking pain meds periodically - so I think I would be scared to take benadryl or anything else to make me drowsy.  My pain meds don't generally make me sleepy - so I get as comfy as I can on my couch and watch tv until I get sleepy....I think it will be better once I get these drains out.  Thanks for everyone's advice and support ;)

330/294/161/170

Most Active