New here...goin' to Monterrey

Diane B.
on 6/17/09 10:13 pm - Seymour, CT
Hi all, I have been a lurker here for quite some time, thought I'd make it official. 

I had RNY almost a year and a half ago, I weighed  275, now down 117 to about 155-159ish most days.  Although I wear a size 10, and people think I am nuts when I tell them I'd like to have some excess skin removed, they just don't get it.  I am very proud of the weight I have lost, and my ability to maintain, but they have never seen me naked, lol.  I have always had a big rear-end, and "thunder thighs", and small breasts.  I originally went on a consult for a BA, TT and inner TL.  I have Tricare standard for insurance, and thought I'd at least get the tummy covered, but I got a big fat DENIED.  I went to Yale since that is where I had my RNY, and got residents pricing, which at the time I thought was great compared to some prices I've seen on the west coast.  When I got denied, I thought I'd email Dr. Sauceda, since I have heard many great things about him. 

After seeing my pictures, he suggested I would be most happy with a LBL, which would address the outer thigh and rear-end and tummy, a BA, inner TL and arms.  The price he gave was the same as just the inner TL, BA and TT in CT.  I am scheduled for July 8, and will be going alone since dh will be taking time off to watch the kiddos.  I work in the school system so I am off for the summer and that gives me about 6-8 weeks to rest and heal. 

I do have reservations about going alone, I remember being very weepy and emotional after my RNY, and I was not prepared for that.  Also my 11 yo will turn 12 while I am gone, and he will leave on the 19th (the day I fly home) in the morning for boy scout camp, so I will not see him when I come home.  My 7 yo will go to cub scout day camp that next week, but at least I will see him that Sunday I get home, and each evening.

Did anyone purchase travel insurance when going out of the country for plastics?  I usually do when we vacation, just in case.

I appreciate all the photos you have posted, and all the wonderful information you all have shared about your experiences.  That to me is priceless, and I couldn't do this with out you.  I will have the laptop with me, so I hope to keep in contact for support while I am away.  As soon as I get my passport, I will book the flight, and then it will really sink in. 

Thank you again, Diane
O. Kufi
on 6/18/09 2:13 am
O. Kufi
on 6/18/09 2:16 am, edited 6/18/09 2:16 am
Awesome! I totally love love love Dr S. I went to him last year and will be going back next month too. I am waiting to confirm my dates. We have Tricare and although I love Tricare I know they aren't to kind when it comes to PS. I'll let you know when I get my date.
Antonette

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

DiDi55
on 6/18/09 5:10 am - GA
VSG on 09/15/08 with
Lucky you!  I am so jealous, wish I was going with you!  I plan to go to Dr. S in January if I make goal by September.  Let us know how thing go! 

Di.

ohcardsmdi.jpg picture by lynnca1972

Chris D
on 6/18/09 5:37 am - Prince Rupert, Canada
RNY on 10/01/08 with
I wish I was going NOW as well.  I have been in touch with him and now I am becoming very impatient.  But I think it will be early in the new year for me as well.  I can't wait!!

Darcie
on 6/18/09 6:11 am - Richlands, NC
Hi Diane~
You are in the same boat as me. I had RNY almost two years ago and went from 245 to 128 and have maintained at this weight. I have Tricare Prime and hubby is active duty. The local group of RNY and Lap Banders meet up once a month and several of them had Tricare pay for a TT. I thought I would be a instantley approved, I got denied!!! I was furious! anyways I started shopping around for a LBL. I knew thats what I needed. My arms snapped back into place but my butt/stomach and thighs are disgusting to me LOL

Half the surgeons around here wont do a LBL,the other half want sooooo much money. I called Duke University which is three hours away and long story short couldnt make it happen. Since we are stationed on the East Coast I am going to Costa Rica to Dr. Rosenstock. Hubby is going with me and we will be there for 13 days. I did a LOT of research and this is not some desperate, rash decision. If we were back home in California then I would of gone the Mexico route to Dr. S. I wish you the best of luck!!!!

shscharger
on 6/18/09 9:56 am - MS
VSG on 12/10/07 with
Diane

I want to wish you the best of luck .  I'm going down to have my surgery with him on Oct  3rd.  I have met him twice and even got to meet his wife the last time.  He is truly a really nice guy and I think he will take good care of us .

When you get up and going  please keep us posted .

Wishing you a smooth surgery and speedy recovery ,
Tony  
Renee2007
on 6/19/09 12:53 am - Central, FL
Are your plans to have all of this done at one time?  LBL, BA, inner TL and arms? If so, I would think you would really need some help immediately post-op. I don't know what the arrangements are as far as his after care. I wish you the best. I know you will love your new body!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Diane B.
on 6/20/09 10:41 pm - Seymour, CT
Thanks for all your well wishes.  I am so excited and yet terrified at the same time!!!  I just got my passport, and I'm going now to book my flight.  I even got my suitcase down from the attic, and have started packing already.  Since I am going alone, I expect I will stay at the clinic for quite some time.  From what I know, you aren't allowed to leave his clinic unless you can shower and put on your compression garments all by yourself.  I guess I will brush up on my spanish, so at least I can talk to the nurses and order some meals.  Gracias!
Most Active