Belly button bleeding because

Ansampson
on 6/17/09 9:22 pm
of a fluid pocket that developed somewhere. Not just blood but it's a mixture with fluids. Perhaps my JP drain's got tangled and wasn't draining properly. So for now I have to keep the area dry and wear no more pants to allow the drains to hang and do their job. I'm truly experiencing buyer's remorse. I've been to the dr's office three times since surgery two weeks ago today. My arms still swell and trying to keep them elevated is a pain. So I 'm trying something new as a compression garment. Debi told me to use some tube socks and I did. They felt good for a while like the TED stockings but once the swelling began they feel tight. How long will this last? I hate being confined to my home. I'm a people person and I like to talk. So I miss talking more than anything.  Usually I'm a avid reader but I just can't focus right now. Been trying to read two books and haven;t got past ch. 5 in either book. I know this feeling will soon pass but it seems like it won't ever happen for me. Being bored has lead me to eat the wrong things and I know that. I know what to do to correct the problem but it's so hard when you have endless hours of nothingness. The end results will be so worth the valley lows but for now I can't see the moutain, let alone climb it. Thanks for letting me share any input would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I should have paid for a caregiver for an additional week just to have adult conversation.
MelissaF
on 6/18/09 1:55 am - Northwood, IA
I have to tell you sweetie... what you are experiencing sounds normal and is due to the following...

- you are used to being active and so you are forced to sit still and heal.
- you have pain meds on board and anesthesia that takes time to work out of your system that is toying with your emotions right now.
- you have had some bumps in the road and it is getting you down thus the buyer's remorse
- you are confined and not out and about talking with others etc.

Annoying right? 

I went through this, especially at 4 weeks postop, I thought I would lose my mind but it did get better.

Hang in there sweet, big hugs, I know you are going to be fine even though it is hard to see right now.  I also bought some books, they never got read.  I hang out here on OH the ENTIRE time.. ask the ladies, I am sure I was downright annoying!!!  I have a laptop, saving grace.  I loved being able to hang out here.. they saved my life for real.

Hang in there sweetheart.... i promise it does get better! 
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

DEBI R.
on 6/18/09 5:06 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I'm sorry the tube socks didn't work, I never tried them but that's what the nurse suggested to me.

In a couple weeks things should get back to normal for you. I was so bored at home I couldn't wait to go back to work and I was only home less than 3 weeks.

You will be so happy with your results once the swelling goes away and you're healed. Hang in there it gets better each day.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Most Active