I'm Back from Monterrey

sisichi
on 6/17/09 2:10 pm - Manchester, PA

Hi all, well I am back from Monterrey. I had the lbl, tl,bl/ba and arm lift. I am very disappointed in the placement of my belly button as it is now shaking hands with my girl parts. I cannot wear the bikinis that I was planning on wearing now. The rest of it went well and I have to say that Dr Sauceda did a great job on my breasts considering I almost lost both of them, due to the old implants that had capsular contractions and both had ruptured. The old implants were the first made by Dow Corning and were so much thinner in texture, runny silicone and thin bags, so I sure hope anybody who still has those will get them removed as soon as possible.  He almost didn't put any implants in because of the condition of the breasts, he had to remove more breast tissue than expected, he said he never saw such a mess before. I was on the table 13 hours. I admire his work on those. Also had the arms which really do hurt, but the worst thing is that on the 5 hour flight home my right thigh incision broke open about an inch, he told me to keep the neosporin on it and it will heal in about 4 weeks. I have to say the worst days for me was the first and the second, on the third day I was ready to move to the hotel. He supplied me with a toilet riser and all meds and dressings. He came to see me each day and he is the most caring and kind Dr. I have ever met. You will not meet a better Dr than Dr Sauceda. I would do it all over again, I have to remember that I am not young and my skin is thinner than young peoples so he had to work very carefully. My dear husband went with me and took great care of me, dressing my incisions, helping me up and dress and going out to get food for me.  I also may have a little tummy overage but we won't be able to tell for 6 months due to the swelling.
I have to say my only regret is the belly button. God Bless Dr Sauceda for my new breasts and the excellant care, you would never find a Dr like him in the States. I will type more later. I haven't been able to sit very long to read the other posts so I hope all of my surgery buddies made it thru ok and are recovering nicely. TTYL, Carole

Iam_with_the_Band
on 6/17/09 2:49 pm
Thank you so much for your post.  I am going to have to have everything done and I would love to go with Dr. Sauceda.  May I ask how much all of that cost?  And do you have any regrets doing all of the procedures at once? 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

sisichi
on 6/17/09 3:10 pm - Manchester, PA
Hi, No I don't regret choosing Dr Sauceda. He is a wonderful Dr. and also his facilities are cleaner than our local hospital. However, if you have a certain cut in mind take a picture to him so he can see what you have in mind. I did not do this and wanted the high french cut and a belly button placed in the proper place, he did a low cut and just lowered my own belly button, which is now next door neighbors with my pubic area. I will post pics when I am feeling better. I can say that having all of the procedures was best for me as I might not have gone back for more. I advise you to have someone with you to take care of you as I had my husband and could not have done it without him. Also, when you have several procedures done he gives you a discount plus pays for your hotel for 12 days and refunds your air fare up to $600. I am not sure if I should be posting the total price, but I can tell you I think it was less than I could have gotten my breasts done here in the states, and he is a much more caring dr. he came to see me every day and checked my incisions, gave me his cell phone and told me to call him any time night or day, that is not the kind of service you get here in the states. He will give you a quote if you send him pics and tell him what you are interested in getting done, he answers all emails very fast. Carole
MelissaF
on 6/18/09 2:01 am - Northwood, IA
Sounds like you had a great experience with Dr. Sauceda, I have heard nothing but good things about him.  CONGRATS! I am sure as you heal you may change your mind about your BB, give it time.  At first I wasn't sure about mine, I love it now.. healing does amazing things to our bodies!

I am so excited for you!!! Thanks for sharing your excitement with all of us!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Iam_with_the_Band
on 6/19/09 5:34 am
Thank you so much Carole for your response.  BTW, you're the only other "Carole" I know besides my sister.  My parents spelled her name with the "e" at the end also!  I love that spelling.

I went onto his website and it's quite impressive.  There are some prices listed there.  I was quoted here for a TT and Arm Lift - almost 14K.  I need it all.  Arms, face, tummy, thighs, butt, breasts - etc etc.  I will never be able to pay for all of that here in the states. 

I will be looking for pictures of how I want my cut.  My gf has a beautiful tummy after a TT.  Maybe I can take her after pics.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Diane B.
on 6/17/09 9:16 pm - Seymour, CT
Dear Carole,

Big hugs and healing wishes are being sent your way.  I am scheduled with Dr. Sauceda for July 8.  I will  be having a lbl, inner thigh lift, tummy, B augmentation and arms.  I have to travel alone, since dh will be watching the kids, so I will plan on staying a while in his clinic.  Would you mind emailing me privately with your price?  I would like to compare it with mine.  I will def make sure he understands I want my bb moved up, and as Kathy said, she said she thought her arm incisions would be more in the middle, hidden, rather than in the back of the arm, visible from behind.  I look forward to seeing your after pictures.  BTW, how long did you stay, and any tips for the plane ride home to avoid popping those stiches?  Thanks, Diane.
valencianahaley
on 6/18/09 12:13 am - weatherford, TX
Wonderful to know that so far, you're happy with your results. I'm schedule to have surgery with Dr. Sauceda this coming Monday, and I'm trill to get it all done ones for all. For those of you going to have surgery alone, don't be affraid and  don't feel single out..I'm going all bymyself as well because of the same cir****tances. Carole, any extra advice for us who are going to Monterrey?. Bes wishes on your recovery......
sisichi
on 6/18/09 1:34 am - Manchester, PA
Congratulations on both of your upcoming surgeries with Dr. Sauceda. You will not regret choosing him as your surgeon. Just remember to let him know what type of cut you want and what you expect, even taking a picture of the type of cut can be helpful. His cuts are usually low and that means a very low belly button, mine is only and inch and half from my pubic area, I am not happy with that. Monterrey is very nice and is hot right now, McD's in right next door. They use pesos down there so you will be able to convert your money at the front desk of the Hampton, the Hampton serves a complimentary breakfast buffet each morning and on Tues thru Thurs they have happy hour with enough choices to make a meal for yourself. The HEB mall is a short walk, usually you will want to wait a week to do that trip. Ask for a recliner in your room if you think you will need it.  I know you will be happy once it is all over with. Also don't be afraid to arrange a wheelchair for the airport changes as you will definately need it if transferring in Dallas or Houston, the international concourse is across the airport from the domestic concourse, you must go thru customs once inside the usa and then proceed on your trip from there. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask me. Carole
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/09 2:10 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
WOW girl you had a lot of work done at one time!!
I'm curious, did you have the Thigh Lift with the long incision to the knee?

Sorry to hear the BB is not where you'd like it but it sounds like you are very happy with everything else...so glad to hear it.

I'm getting ready to have a LBL with butt augmentation and the Inner Thigh Lift (looong incision, my legs/thighs were real big so I have lots of flabby skin) and I'm worried it might be too much at one time.  If you can do that and your arms and breasts I shouldn't complain.  I guess I'm most worried about how the butt aug will feel, especially on a flight home.  ouch!

Wish you a smooth and speedy recovery!
Thanks for sharing.....hearing your experience gives me great hope for my own.

Ruth
sisichi
on 6/18/09 2:16 am - Manchester, PA
Hi Ruth, I had the short cut on thighs, around the fold of leg to body, that is where the separations usually are if you get one. Good luck on your surgery. Carole
Most Active