seroma?

poodles5
on 6/17/09 8:37 am - Seymour, IN
I am 7 weeks post op circumferential body lift. There are a few inches in the front part of the incision on the tummy that are red, warm and swollen.. My surgeon has me on Cipro but wants to see me tomorrow and I might get drained. Can anyone tell me what this is like? Is it painful to get numbed ? Does it usually take several pokes? Are you sore afterwards?  I am NOT looking forward to this !!
MelissaF
on 6/17/09 11:51 am - Northwood, IA
I have never had it done personally but seen it done many times (I am a nurse).  Pt's say it usually feels better after as the pressure is released.  The needle itself is just like getting stuck with any other needle, a small pinch and the fluid is aspirated off, usually just one poke unless it is pocketed in multiple areas (mutiple vesicles if you will).  If they numb you first then that poke is all you will feel and lidocaine stings a bit going in.. otherwise its painless or should be and soreness afterwards? like i said most feel better as the pressure is released.  Hang in there.. u will feel better once it is done.  U need to get that out of there.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/09 9:11 pm
Most Active