Help! Think I hit the PS funk and need to know I'm OK

Susan S.
on 6/17/09 6:13 am - Roselle, NJ
 HI Jodi - I was wondering how you were doing.......sorry to hear about the flu on top of recovery - it gets better.....at first it gets worse - then it gets better - then it gets way better........thinking of you.   Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/09 8:35 pm
Susan S.
on 6/20/09 12:27 am - Roselle, NJ
 The lasers did lead to some improvement - but I'm having a second round on Monday - there are still persistent pigmented areas and as long as there is pigment the laser can potentially help.  I really did see improvement although it looked a lot worse before it looked better.   My scar texture etc. is very good - very thin - no pulling - and I attribute that to good healing (good nutrition etc.) and yoga - I think all the stretching I did while things were fibrosing helped to made the scars long and pliable......I'm pretty pleased.    Feel better each day will you!    Susan

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/09 12:41 am
PamT
on 6/17/09 12:09 am - Downey, CA
I hear ya bammagirlee!

I've been having a self-pity-party myself the last couple of days. My TT & BL was 2 weeks ago and I'm TIRED of being tired!  Everything seems like such an effort!  Usually I'm VERY active. Always involved in some project around the house (we just moved in Jan. so there's LOTS to do) or out shopping. Now that I have the time, (off work til July) I don't have the energy or whatever I have planned is too strenuous for post-op.

But most important to me is an uneventful recovery and successful plastics. I am NOT going to do something that is going to jeopardize all the work my doctor & I have invested.

This too shall pass........

PamT
Redhaired
on 6/17/09 2:51 am - Mouseville, FL
All of this sounds perfectly normal.  You have had major surgery, you need to give yourself a break.  It takes time to heal and bounce back.  If you have pain take the meds.  That is why you have them and there is no need to further stress your body with pain.

Red

MelissaF
on 6/17/09 3:09 am - Northwood, IA
Like the rest have said.. it does just take time. I am the most impatient person in the world so I do understand and wow.. 17 lbs? You will need rest and recuperation time for sure.  hang in there my friend.. it gets better, I promise.  Anesthesia also gives u the blues so its working its way out.. hang int here.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Susan S.
on 6/17/09 6:15 am - Roselle, NJ
 Yep - it's normal.........enjoy the pain meds - don't stress your body by not treating the pain adequately (spoken from somebody who kept stopping pain meds too early because I wanted to work out - which I did too soon.......take it easy - major surgery........I found it very difficult to let myself heal - but Iearned there was no other choice.  I did three surgeries in 6 months......it's all behind me!   You will feel better.    Susan

dreamseeker
on 6/17/09 11:32 am
I didn't start feeling normal or having any energy till I hit the 4 week mark.... NOw that I have reached the 5 week mark I feel even more normal.  It takes time.  Get rest, take it easy and take the pain meds.  I dont' take them any longer than I have to and I took them for the first two weeks very regularly... If I didn't I was in agony.... better to be out of pain and resting and healing then using your energy trying to fight the pain.

I know it sucks and it seems slow but it really does go by quickly and it does get better. :) 

Marnie 

sisichi
on 6/17/09 2:19 pm - Manchester, PA
Wow, I know just how you feel. I wish I had more pain meds, he didn't give me but 6 tradol and I am down to my last two. Tylenol is like popping skittles. The biggest pain is the incision opening on my thigh lift on my lovely journey home. I think I must be a masochist to do this to myself lol. Carole
Most Active