Help! Think I hit the PS funk and need to know I'm OK

bamagirlee
on 6/16/09 10:50 am - Phenix City, AL
Tomorrow will be a week since my panni/TT and I am still so tired. I have little energey and am trying not to take pain pills but still had to take one last night because when I was getting off the couch I turned the wrong way and OUCH! Something inside pulled and hurt, I've just taken extra strength tylenol today and as long as I take one of those every few hours I'm OK.
I know everyone is different, and that he took off a LOT (17 lbs of skin/fat) but am I normal in still feeling so tired? I think today was somewhat of a setback because of the pain meds I took last night and the fact that I've moved more carefully after the getting off the couch thing but WOW I'm so ready to get well!
My drains are slowing up so I hope to get them out Thursday when I see the Dr. That is what he anticipated and so I think I might have to hit him if I have to keep them longer. LOL
Sorry for the whining and babbling. I think I have just hit that funk maybe?
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Jessica H.
on 6/16/09 12:22 pm - Johnson City, TN
You just had major surgery a week ago.  You should feel tired!  You should be taking it easy right now - don't worry about the housework or anything like that.  In my opinion the only thing you need to be doing is getting up every so often to walk.  I am also one week out from TT - and I have to tell you, I feel worse this week than I did last week.  I think my problem is that my nerves are starting to "wake up" and I'm in more pain.  I've left the house for a couple of hours today and yesterday and it wore me out completely - and that's normal.  Just give yourself enough time to heal...you'll be ok.

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

islander
on 6/16/09 12:36 pm - Middletown, RI
I continued the pain pills for a few weeks, slowly weaning down to OTC meds.  It was 6 wks. before I got my energy back & started to feel "normal."

It's to be expected after major surgery.   

MSHAMO
on 6/16/09 1:23 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI

Having just had major surgery 1 week ago, it is not a surprise that you are still tired.  Being tired at this stage is quite normal. It was two weeks before I said that I even felt half ways decent. The drains are a huge annoyance and when they come out, it really makes a big difference, but if your PS doesn't think they should come out then leave them in. I see a lot of problems on this forum that I think is related to drains being removed too early. I had 3 drains total and I had 2 out at 3 weeks and the other 1 out at 4 weeks. I never had any problems with bad swelling, pain, seromas, open wounds or anything. Just take it easy and let your body heal!! When the worst is over, you will definitely love your surgery!!

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Cristy S.
on 6/16/09 2:13 pm - West Point, GA
Week one for me wasn't the worst... I spent most of my time asleep from the pain meds. Week 2 I was sore, and still tired and on pain meds.. week 3, I cried. I didn't just cry I sat and sobbed and told my husband Id take it all back if I would just FEEL better. I was so sore, tired, weak and just generally feeling bad. After that it week it really started getting better. Your recovering from Major surgery give yourself time!

PS Your lucky to get your drains out that soon mine were in two weeks!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Ansampson
on 6/16/09 9:00 pm
I'll be two weeks post-op tomorrow from a tummy tuck with extension and having my arms done. I was off pain meds by day 3 because I didn't like being out of controll. I slept too much with them and I don't use any OTC meds either. The first week was very hardin that I couldn't do much for myself. The second week appears to be a little better. I thought I had an infection which turned out to be skin breakage along the incision line. I was cleared to drive and then my belly button began to bleed alot. I was bleeding through my dressing changes every three hours. I go back to the dr's office today for the 3rd time in a two week period. I have two drains remaining and they don't appear to be ready to come out. I read a previous post who said don't ru**** because of all the other problems that can happen. So I'm trying not too. My surgeon won't let me shower until all my drains are out. I really want the water to hit my body and calm my nerves. This is the hard part for me because I usually shower 3 times a day on most days. Now back to the point I do more now as time goes on and I still get tired. I take naps through out the day and that helps. Thanks for letting me babble and whine a little bit because this venting help me feel better. I can feel myself getting emotional I hate being in the house so much.
(deactivated member)
on 6/16/09 9:38 pm
MelissaF
on 6/17/09 3:08 am - Northwood, IA
Aw Jodi.. bless your heart as if PS isn't enough to deal with!!!

You need to be emailing me when you "poor me" phases.  As much as you were there for me during my surgery, let me repay the favor!!  You are right tho, time and patience... something I was never very good at but now I feel great and you will too soon!

Hang in there sweetie. 
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/09 8:33 pm
MelissaF
on 6/20/09 5:32 am - Northwood, IA
Oh you poor thing, flu bugs suck esp on top of recovery from PS!  Sigh.. I hope you feel better soon and I am glad Leo is being overprotective but I can also understand you get to a point where "shaken baby syndrome" would be a necessary action. LOL... hang in there girlie girl.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active