PANIC HAS SET IN - SURGERY TOMORROW!

dec721
on 6/16/09 9:41 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Pat, you are not alone, as Melissa said!  We are ALL here for you.  What is this forum for if not to support one another?  I live alone, too, and have no family, so I'm making my journey "alone" as well.  But as long as we have each other, we have all the support we need.  Also, I don't know if you have a church or not, but my church friends are helping me as much as possible.  If you have folks in your life like that, call them and ask for help.  Most friends want to help, but they don't know what we need unless we tell them. 

Best wishes tomorrow :-)  You are in my prayers.           --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Pat Rice
on 6/16/09 1:02 pm - Northern, NJ
Oh Dorothy, thank you so much.
You really hit home! I don't believe I have ever asked for help from friends, but have always tried to give help, love and support. I just don't know how to accept it or ask. but, you must be right! Church has been on my mind for a long time, perhaps not in the conventional Sunday -way. I have tried to go off hours after work. I know you are right.
Thank you for your prayers, Pat
HUGS, PAT  
RNY 8/26/05 preop 226.2 lowest 132.7
LBL,TT,MASTOPEXY 6/17/09 preop 141.7 removed 7 lbs current 131.5 7/14/09
dec721
on 6/16/09 9:22 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
So today is your day, Pat :-)  You will do just great ... but, as you know, you will have quite a recovery!  Those people whom you help and love and support will be thrilled to be able to return the favor; they are only a phone call away.

And yes, plenty of churches these days have unconventional worship times and styles.  While you are recovering, you can look for one that would suit your needs, ha!  God will lead you to the one that is just right for you.  Bless you on your continuing journey ... and I just said another little prayer for you!            --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

huskerfan85
on 6/16/09 9:59 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Best wishes for a speedy uneventful recovery. I am right there with you, I am getting my thighs done tomorrow!!
Gayle  6'2" 

Pat Rice
on 6/16/09 1:04 pm - Northern, NJ
Thank you Gayle and I wish good luck tomorrow, my sister. Please post ASAP! Huigs, pat
HUGS, PAT  
tonjasm
on 6/16/09 10:44 am - Edmond, OK
I am right there with you!  I want to tell my mom, as I know she would be thrilled for me, but I can't put her through the worrying and take a chance of her going backwards mentally, as last year she had two mental breakdowns.  It's something I am praying for peace about.  I'll include you on this as well.

Tonja
Obesity Help Support Group > http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/tonjasm_group/ 

I had a tummy tuck and lipo of the side flanks performed by Nathan Miller with Cosmetic Surgery Affiliates in Oklahoma City on June 23rd, 2009.

Pat Rice
on 6/16/09 1:07 pm - Northern, NJ
Tonja,
it can be crippling to go through this alone, but we do need to remember the strength it took to get this far.  I am praying for you both, but remember that our parents only want the best for us and we can only say what that is!
Thank you, Pat
HUGS, PAT  
(deactivated member)
on 6/16/09 10:42 pm
Melissa M.
on 6/19/09 7:55 am - Seabrook, TX
I've been out too with my surgery but wanted to wish you well.  I hope you got some help at least the first couple of days to help with getting in and out of the couch or wherever.   I know that's where I seem to need the help the most.  Too bad the recliner didn't work out for you.  Mine has been a Godsend and it was brand new.   Please post when you are able.

Hugs,
Melissa
Pat Rice
on 7/1/09 3:13 am - Northern, NJ
Melissa, my surgery sister!
How are you? Tell me how your recovery is going.
I managed well without recliner after all. Tons of pillows worked well for me in bed. Chairs are tough.
Tell me about you and your progress.
Hugs, Pat
HUGS, PAT  
Most Active