PANIC HAS SET IN - SURGERY TOMORROW!

Pat Rice
on 6/16/09 6:06 am - Northern, NJ
Hi everyone,
Tomorrow is the big day LBL and breast lift revision. So unbelieveably nervous. I am the one who is going it alone. Opted not to tell sisters because of negativity and live alone with dogs. Today recliner was delivered and stunk of cigarette smoke even made my house smell. I told them to take it with them. Med supply owner won't call me back.
I feel guilt, shame and worry. Wish I could be happy as I am. Don't why appearance means this much to me?
I think you are all great and have learned so much from you. Thank you all for sharing your very personal stories!
Hugs Pat
HUGS, PAT  
RNY 8/26/05 preop 226.2 lowest 132.7
LBL,TT,MASTOPEXY 6/17/09 preop 141.7 removed 7 lbs current 131.5 7/14/09
MSHAMO
on 6/16/09 6:49 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
I didn't tell my sisters about my WLS, but I had been preparing them for the fact that I would have some PS, so they knew, but it was my husband who took care of me. This weight loss journey is so special for the majority of us that you shouldn't feel like you are being vain by wanting to improve your body. I worked really hard to lose the weight and, frankly, was surprised at what has happened to many parts of my body. The sagging thighs and butt, my breasts look like empty sacks and everything has gone south. LOL. I knew from the beginning that I would have a TT. I would, however, make sure that you do have some help for a few days, it's not as bad as I had anticipated, but the first couple of days are pretty rough.  Good luck and make sure that you take your pain meds on a schedule and stool softeners. If you are on this forum, you have read many stories about severe constipation. HUGS!!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Pat Rice
on 6/16/09 12:01 pm - Northern, NJ
Nancy,
Thanks so much for relating to my story and the words of encouragement. It is time to focus on the task at hand. I do believe that I accomplished evrything I planned to prior to surgery,  except for the recliner. I bought some extra pillows and will hope for the best!
I have a 58 yr old sister named Nancy. Do you mind be her stand -in?
I will post as soon as  I am able. Hugs, Pat
HUGS, PAT  
MSHAMO
on 6/16/09 1:09 pm, edited 6/16/09 1:09 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI
I would love to be her stand in, in fact, that's pretty coincidental because my little sister's name is Pat!! Hugs!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Jessie-F
on 6/16/09 8:37 am
Pat I hope your surgery goes smoothly and that you have a quick recovery.

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

Pat Rice
on 6/16/09 12:02 pm - Northern, NJ
Thank you so much Jessie!!
HUGS, PAT  
MelissaF
on 6/16/09 8:45 am - Northwood, IA
Aw Pat. 

I know this is something you have been worried about but like we have talked about, sometimes you just have to do what is right for YOU.  Many reasons why we are obese is because we are always focused on making everyone else around us happy and overlooking ourselves and we got lost in the process (thus the weight gain).  I hate to say it but it is time to be selfish.. you have worked hard to get where you are and your prize is now finishing the job and feeling good about what you see in the mirror.  Remember I am a phone call away and I can help talk u through it if you need a friend.  You really aren't alone sweetie.  We all here know what you will be going through where even if you had told your family I bet nobody can understand like the folks here on this board can.  We have the t-shirt if you will... so go get 'er done!!! ;-)  

I am rooting you every step of the way!! 

You are going to do great, saying a prayer for you and your surgery team tomorrow.  I hope you will call if you need me and post when you are able.

I am VERY excited for you.. be excited, this is the icing on the cake!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Pat Rice
on 6/16/09 12:11 pm - Northern, NJ
Mel, you are my special angel in this whole process. You know when I had to reject the recliner today ( since it reaked of cigarette smoke); you were the first person I thought of. It gave me strength to believe that I won't need it. I was hoping to call you tonight after work but neighbors who are helping with dogs came over to gather  the directions. You are such an amazing person, I just had to hear the voice.  It is getting late and still have lots to prepare.

How did you fee after working all weekend? Are you okay?

Thank you, thank you and I am excited
xoxo, Pat
HUGS, PAT  
Pat Rice
on 7/1/09 3:05 am - Northern, NJ
Hey Mel,
I was searching for your number post op. First to thank you for your words pre-op and later to just talk. I thought you had given it to me and that I printed it and saved in my surgery folder. But it wasn't there. I can't tell you how much I thought of you and all your words of wisdom as a point of reference. I had print outs of our conversations with me and read them and they helped.
I agree with you, staying in the hospital was the best thing for me! I can't imagine being anywhere else especially not home. I am tough but that was over my thresh hold for sure.
Do you know anything about necrosis? Doc told me yesterday that he suspected that would happen towards end of my surgery. It is so nasty looking. He said in 6 months he can fix it as though it never happened. Right now, I cannot fathom being touched.
Well, I am letting cat out of bag slowly. Told one of 3 sisters so far. Won't really let me talk about it cause she doesn't approve and is squeamish. 
I am a little better each day, but very tired after 5 hours at work. My bed is definitely my favorite place to be. BTW managed fine without the "smokey" recliner. Lots of pillows really helped in bed--great advice!
I took photos but the necrosis is so nasty looking. Also, my surgeon does not believe in binders. My incisions are "pie crust". Have you heard of that kind? Very bulky and don't think binders or control garments would be comfortable.
How is it for you being back at work? You have to be on your feet for so many hours!
Please let me know about you! Hugs, Pat
HUGS, PAT  
Veronnie
on 6/16/09 8:54 am - Castro Valley, CA
Speedy Recovery to you! I just had a Panni.

H: 6'2; HW: 440; WLS: 411; Dr. Goal: 220; LW: 206; CW: 283; RNY: 10/15/07; Panni: 6/12/09; Blind Loop: 8/19/19

Most Active