I just had a panniculectomy....input needed

Veronnie
on 6/16/09 8:49 am - Castro Valley, CA
Hi! I just found this board. Whew! I've been looking around. he he he

I had my RnY October 15, 2007. My highest weight was 440. I got down to 204 at my lowest. Just a few days ago, June 12, I had my first plastics. A Panniculectomy. The operation was about 2 hours and I spent another 2 hours in recovery before i went home. They took off about .5 pounds of skin and fat. The pain was manageable, with meds. I needed help to get up and down and move the first night and morning home, but by Saturday night and Sunday I was movin and getting around OK.

Went to the doc yesterday, Monday. They took off the bandages and I got to see my new belly. It looked good so far. I know there's a lot to wait for, but it's better than it was. i am happy. He said everything looks good and he may take the drains out by next Monday. YAY!!! Today I didnt need my pain meds till about 1pm. The insicsion site started to burn under the binder. He says I can take off the binder and let the ar hit the site and take a shower now. Seems I am heling fast. I have a mighty tght schedule down and I feel great!

The one thing, and i can't even call it a problem, was that I didn't poop for 3 days. I think it was because of the Loritab. But I was taking metamucil everyday and took Mira Lax last night and this morning things moved, so i am all good.

I am curious about your panniculectomy and how recovery went for you? Anyone want to share their story?

H: 6'2; HW: 440; WLS: 411; Dr. Goal: 220; LW: 206; CW: 283; RNY: 10/15/07; Panni: 6/12/09; Blind Loop: 8/19/19

MSHAMO
on 6/16/09 1:46 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI
Glad to hear that you are doing so well! I had a lot more done than a panni, so I can't give you any specifics. You only had 1/2 lb removed?? Glad to see that you are not constipated, that was a big problem for me, keep taking your metamucil & mira lax. Good luck, you should be feeling OK in another week or two!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Veronnie
on 6/18/09 3:48 pm - Castro Valley, CA
He he he, OOPS! No, that was 6.5, TYPO! Sorry.

I am feeling really good. I am pretty much self sufficient now. Oh, and i moved twice! LOL

H: 6'2; HW: 440; WLS: 411; Dr. Goal: 220; LW: 206; CW: 283; RNY: 10/15/07; Panni: 6/12/09; Blind Loop: 8/19/19

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/16/09 9:25 pm
Hey there!  I had a panniculectomy last year - and I was moving and grooving pretty quickly as well.   Because it's only removing skin and fat - no muscle repair - you will recover faster than what you hear from a TT.  I just had a TT three weeks ago - and I am STILL struggling in my day to day.

So - sounds like you are doing well and are on track!  Good luck, remember NOT to overdo it, even though you may FEEL great - your body IS still healing.  

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Veronnie
on 6/18/09 3:50 pm - Castro Valley, CA
A TT? tummy tuck? They also tightened 4 inches of stomach muscles. and relocated my belly button. I think it was an abdominal plasty, but they called it a panni, for insurance purposes.

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/09 10:28 pm
Veronnie
on 6/18/09 3:53 pm - Castro Valley, CA
Thanks Jodi, I checked out your profile too. GREAT GOING! no LBL pics? LOL They tightened 4 inches of muscles. My uscles were 4 inches apart! So I have a SMALL waist now. Much more flattering figure. Oh but I am not done by far.

Can one be addicted to plastics? LOL can we say transfer addiction!??!! LOL

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/09 8:49 pm
Beth K.
on 6/17/09 1:45 am - Finksburg, MD
I just had my panniculectomy and a mons reconstruction on 5/26 and I have had a rough time of it...but I dont do pain well anyway...

I was six days before I went to the bathroom and I started doing miralax and super dieters tea to get things moving again

I go tomorrow to see how things are going. I had two drains removed at 1 week out. I have two small spots that are still tender and raw, bleeding a little..that might be an issue

I lost about 7 lbs of skin and fat

my belly button is gone but I don't care

I couldn't afford the tummy tuck and right now I don't care...my tummy is flat for the first time in my life...at least somewhat flat...in clothes I think I look great...I need to get some pics uploaded...

I just got my period and it was defiitely rougher...kinda like the roller coaster I was on after my surgery last year for the VSG....

:-) but we are butterflies in progress....

hugs, B

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/vsgswith150ormoretogo/welcome/
46 lbs lost pre-op www.phmiracleliving.com Eat Healthy to Stay Healthy
    www.shrinkyourself.com

Veronnie
on 6/18/09 3:56 pm - Castro Valley, CA
OMG! Mons? wow, I think they pulled me up and down so tight, it looks like a mons recon on me. LOL

GOOD GOING! Wish you a speedy recovery too! I hope things are good! You lost your belly button? They couldn't save it? Did they tighten anything? They tightened 4 inches of muscles on me.

Yes, butterflies!

Most Active