Compression Garments

Susan F.
on 6/16/09 3:41 am
RNY on 10/12/07 with
Did anyone order extra compression garments before their surgery and if yes what did you get.  I was looking at the website on the post a few down from this and and they were very intrested.  I'm having a tummy tuck in 2 weeks and just want to be prepared.

MSHAMO
on 6/16/09 6:05 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
My PS put a binder on me after surgery. I also bought a compression garment, but I don't like it, I much prefer my binder that I still wear 4 months out. Perhaps you should wait and see how your binder works for you. Also, just a reminder to take stool softeners, lots of posts (including me) with severe constipation. The pain meds shut your system down. Good luck, you will love your surgery!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Susan S.
on 6/16/09 6:54 am - Roselle, NJ
 I agree with the previous poster - the fit of the compression garment is a very specific thing and your surgeon/staff will determine the best fit - I was placed in one immediately postop - and wore it for the days leading up to my first office visit (think it was 5 days)...they put me in a clean one and I took the original one home to launder and then I had two to work with.     I did have an LBL followed by brachioplasty and eventually medial thigh - but I'm pretty sure the issues are the same.  Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

ltlkim9424
on 6/16/09 9:50 am - Lakeville, MN
Susan, I see you had your brachioplasty and augmentation separate from your thigh lift? How was the recovery for each and would you do all 3 together looking back? I was planning to do then all together.
Susan S.
on 6/16/09 8:12 pm - Roselle, NJ
 I did the LBL first - followed by the brachio/augment followed by the medial thigh lift.  You do not combine an LBL and medial thigh lift - in general terms -the LBL has to be given a chance to work before you can evaluate the inner thigh - which is a much more technically difficult surgery and the hardest one to heal from.......I would not have combined the three - as much as I didn't like three surgeries.   I had two surgeons willing to combine the LBL and brachio/augment - I went with the one that said no - stage them - I am/was in very good condition and recovery was still a *****  Having more than one quadrant involved would only compound the challenge.  I know people do it - but I also believe the body needs to be respected as much as possible and staging allows for healing.   It's not like we're recovering from trauma (an accident etc. led us to the OR).....so staging is kinder to our recovery.   Having lived it all within 6 months - I would never have done all three together.  Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

ltlkim9424
on 6/17/09 2:18 am - Lakeville, MN
That makes sense. I was planning to do the brachio, breast lift/implants and thigh lift together mainly for 1 surgery/1 recovery but now am wondering if i should do the thighs separately. Hmmmm
Veronnie
on 6/16/09 8:58 am - Castro Valley, CA
I had a panni just recently. I did not order extra anything. the ones they gave me for my legs and the binder for my bely are just fine. They can be washed. I think we can go the length of a wash and dry with out them on.

H: 6'2; HW: 440; WLS: 411; Dr. Goal: 220; LW: 206; CW: 283; RNY: 10/15/07; Panni: 6/12/09; Blind Loop: 8/19/19

Most Active