Tail bone removal ?!?!?!?!?!

eveotr
on 6/15/09 10:31 pm - PA
Hi Everyone~

I am scheduled for an anchor cut abdominalplasty on August 7th (very nervous about it!!!) However, I have been having pain in my tailbone for the last year and a half.  I have pain with sitting, lying down on my back, etc. any time I weight bear on my tailbone. This pain is daily and it is not/has not gotten any better. I went to see a neurosurgeon about 5 months ago and they said that my ****yx "sticks out" further then normal and since I lost the weight I no longer have the "padding" to protect the tailbone.  I was horrified by the thought of them taking out my tailbone UNTIL I saw Big Medicine last week.  Dr. LoMonaco (sp?) did just that.   A woman had the same problem and he removed her ****yx.  So know I thinking that perhaps I should look into this along with my TT. 

Has anyone out there had this done???? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/09 11:25 pm - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13

Is my understanding correct that you are considering having the tailbone surgery at the same time as the tummy tuck?

While it sounds like you would greatly benefit from the tailbone surgery, it sure doesn't sound like it should be combined with the tummy tuck.  Although I'm not really sure which one should happen first.

Best wishes.

MSHAMO
on 6/16/09 2:49 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
OUCH!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Susan S.
on 6/16/09 3:12 am - Roselle, NJ
I can't imagine having an orthopaedic procedure at the same time as a plastics one.......I understand your pain issue - as I too have no fat padding anymore but I've worked very hard to develop muscle support which has helped tremendously (good old fashioned core work).......let us know if you go through with an ortho consult!   Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

BigCityGirl
on 6/16/09 3:16 am - San Diego, CA
I haven't had it done by my three brothers and my late father all had this procedure.  I'm not sure what type of surgeon did the work but I know they all went back to work rather quickly in each case.  Seems like it would be a difficult thing but it wasn't for them.  I'd definitely look into it.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Jessie-F
on 6/16/09 9:56 am
Just wanted to say......OUCH!!!!!!!
Jane E.
on 6/16/09 11:57 am - Lawrenceville, GA
VSG on 01/04/08 with

My tailbone feels like I am sitting right on it.  My fat butt must have really covered it up.  but now its right out there.

Jane

DrL
on 6/16/09 1:41 pm - Houston, TX
There are some patients who have pronounced protrusion of the tailbone (****yx) and it causes them constant pain and problems.  They are probably good candidates for removal.

My LBL incisions generally lie where a bikini or thong would be, so the incision may lie on top of the protruding bone, which is not good for healing.  I have performed the removal in 5 or 6 individuals, and all had significant relief but it is very sore for several months in most cases.
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Most Active