binders, binders, binders....OHMY!!

HKD1970
on 6/15/09 1:24 pm - Santa Rosa, CA
I can tell I'm going to have a love/hate relationship with this thing!!!!   I wish there was a binder "store" locally so i could try on some. LOL

I'm only 2 weeks post BL/TT but  the binder makes for an uncomfortable fit over my jeans. LOL
I've always preferred the more slender/tighter-fit look in clothes so I'm just lost on what to wear.

Thank heavens it's summer and I'm off - I'm a teacher's aide so off till August.
I swear, whine whine whine, right?

Or is it more that I just can't wait to wear things I've never been able to wear before??? I can already anticipate what a difference these surgeries will make!!!

Patience has never been one of my strengths.

MelissaF
on 6/15/09 1:57 pm - Northwood, IA
I raise my glass to that!! Me TOO!  (ahem.. protein shakes... yep)
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

HKD1970
on 6/15/09 2:21 pm - Santa Rosa, CA
My doc said I could go to Spanx after 3 weeks.... I'm tempted.

boomer65
on 6/15/09 7:58 pm
Be careful with the Spanx.  My PS told me I could wear them too after 3 weeks and because they're so hard to pull up, and I was wearing an "imitation" with the Hanes Smooth Illusions, I ended up opening my TT incision a little bit!  There was a little blood and discomfort so I had to go back to the binder he gave me for another week or so.  Now I only wear the "spanx" after I've worked out really hard or when I'm feeling more swollen than normal and I had my TT with a BL/BA in January.

Just take it easy and let your body heal.

Franci

jonscutie
on 6/15/09 2:37 pm
I am 4 months post TT/BL and 3 weeks post brachioplasty. I had 2 hernias repaired with the TT so still wearing something for support there and now needing something for my arms also. My incision goes from my elbow to just above my bottom bra line so I was having trouble finding something that didn't irritate the incisions somewhere.

I just found the Maidenform Arm Slimming Camisole. It gives me compression from my elbows to my waist with no extra seams to cause irritation etc. Since it is just one garment it gives me a great silhouette  and good breast support also. The weight is perfect for Northern California. Not heavy at all. It comes in a sleeveless model also but that doesn't give a lot of breast support.

My PS thought it was a great alternative.

Michelle

Jessica H.
on 6/15/09 2:42 pm - Johnson City, TN
I found this site...prices seem to be reasonable.  I have come to love my binder - even though it really irritates my drain sites.

http://www.contourmd.com/abdominal_binders_s/171.htm

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

Karen B.
on 6/15/09 3:25 pm - Chino, CA
I'm surprised you can wear jeans.  With my TT w/ MR I wore sweats for 4 weeks.  But then again I wear scrubs at work and when I go to meetings I put on a crisp white lab coat.  I was able to wear Spanx and the tummy girdles that are sold at Walmart.  My PS thought it was great.  Those Veronique binders are exxpensive so I only wore that when I was working.  When it needed washing the other went on. 
You will be happier when it's over.  I certainly am!!!! 
Continue with trying patience (it will work) and enjoy your summer!!!!
Huggs!
Huggs,
Karen B.
245/142

"Life is Journey, Ride in Style!"

islander
on 6/15/09 10:05 pm - Middletown, RI
I alternated between a Spanx type camisole which was hip length & more of a body suit- bra & pants with crotch hook & eyes. Sometimes I would just wear a panty type garment.
It's difficult wearing tighter clothes until the swelling is reduced.  I didn't wear the binder for that long a period anyway.  The other things work better.  

cleos_mom
on 6/15/09 10:26 pm - phila., PA
I love my compression garment I still wear it at night and when I excercise and I had my TT 6 months ago . even with the binder I had no p roblem I wore it under my clothes for about 3 months .my PS said I don't have to wear it except when I work out and maybe long walks but I like it . you will get used to it. My garments came frm Marena.com they are crtotchless & have hook & eyes and straps that go over your shoulders so it doesn't slide down it was 49.00 it goes from under the breast to mid thigh, I also had a inner thigh, butt & back lift  in March.
I know what you mean about patience. I thought that when I came home I would see my final results immediately, it stinks having to wait so long each week your results will get better
hang in there
Susan
HKD1970
on 6/16/09 1:13 am - Santa Rosa, CA
It's so nice to be surrounded by people who understand!!

I think it's funny - in my head, I know logically this is going to take a while. But physically, I feel so good that it seems like I should've already arrived at my goal. LOL

I AM taking it easy and I did break down and buy some athletic-type shorts with a waistband so I'll live in those for a while. I was even tempted by these maternity shorts. LOL
So, shorts and t-shirts for a while.

Most Active