Did you fly home after your LBL / Inner Thigh Lift??

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/09 8:58 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
If you traveled for your LBL / Inner Thigh Lift and had to FLY home please let me know how the flight was and what you wore so you were comfortable.

I'm preparing for my LBL and Inner Thigh Lift and it may involve a 5 hr flight from the east coast to the west coast.......  wonder if I can take drugs to just knock me out for the flight....(I'm serious!)

Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/09 9:56 am - Bayonne, NJ
I didn't have a thigh lift, but I flew back from San Diego to NYC after the LBL and thigh lipo. I wore loose sweats. I registered with the airline as being temporarily disabled so I could have the bulkhead seat, and I used my luggage as a foot rest so I could elevate my legs.
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/09 10:35 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
That's a great idea about the Bulk Head.
I request wheelchair service in the airport.......I fear getting pushed around in the crowd at LAX.

Thanks for the tip.....I'll give the airline a call.
Thanks!!
BigCityGirl
on 6/16/09 3:19 am - San Diego, CA
It's not whether you fly after surgery but rather WHEN YOU FLY!  I sure wouldn't do it much sooner than a week.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
DrL
on 6/16/09 1:36 pm - Houston, TX
Flying after a big surgery poses special concerns for the risk of blood clot.  Even flying alone without surgery (or for that matter any form of prolonged travel) can decrease circualtion in the legs and predispose to clot formation.

So my concern would be to have you awake and actively participate in the clot-prevention excercises mentioned in the inflight magazines/videos, and consider a blood thinner for the 7-10 days after surgery.  This is now standard for my patients who are travelling more than 5 hours.  Ask your surgeon about this.
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/09 2:01 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Dr.,
Thank you very much for you input and concern.
I will discuss with my surgeon asap.

Have a great day.

w8'n no more
on 6/16/09 2:09 pm - middle of, IL
I had the WORKS!   TT/LBL, autoaugmentation, thighs, and arms.  Flew home after 3 weeks, and I have Factor C (blood clotting disorder).  Upgraded with miles to first class.  It was SOOO worth it.  I told the flight attendant I had back surgery and they let me wander around up with them where they prepare the food.  I also walked the airport (I did Santa Anna not LAX), but did get curb side check in for all my bags, and did get a porter for my luggage when my dad came to pick me up.  The walking is good for you, the lifting would be bad.  Sitting on the autoaugmented butt was the worst pain of all.  I had two airline blankets and airline pillows.  I did call ahead the day before and let them know I was travelling after major surgery (didn't give details), and the flight attendants knew already.  I did take my pain meds on a the regular schedule, but I wouldn't suggest knocking yourself out either.  Definitely get the bulk head if you can't upgrade (some airlines give you a big discount if you tell them you had surgery), and sit on the aisle.  You do not want to be climbing over people. OUCH!!!
Kathy
sw/cw/gw
269/136/141
Surgery Date 10/21/05  Dr. Anthone
Aspire to Inspire Before You Expire!
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/09 2:04 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks so much for the input Kathy, especially on the Butt Aug....that's been one of my biggest worries.

I have to say when you said you had "the works" the first thing I thought of was ordering a sandwich "with the works".....when will food not be the first thing that comes to mind??????  LOL!

Anyhow, thanks for all the great tips!!

Ruth
sisichi
on 6/17/09 2:27 pm - Manchester, PA
HI, I just flew home from Monterrey, 5 and half hours and it was rough. I wore my compression garment and a muu muu, and flip flops. Be sure and get the wheelchair assistance, it will help you greatly. I don't know what to tell you about being comfortable as I was not any of thost things. My right inner thigh incision opened an inch from the trip as there is no way to avoid moving and sitting on it. I was a big pain by the time I got home, it was late so I took some sleeping pills and went to bed and dealt with it this morning. International flights are the worst as you have to go thru customs and most international terminals are on the other side of the airport from the domestic one you go off of. What fun, Good luck, Carole
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/09 12:19 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Oh boy sorry you had a rough time with the travel.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do but I appreciate your input!!!
Hope you are healing nicely.
Thanks
Ruth
Most Active