Having TT on Thursday....pain pum*****t?

BeatlesFreak
on 6/15/09 9:21 pm - Mesquite, TX
Thanks ladies!  After reading all your posts and thinking back to my other surgeries, I think I should be ok without the pump.  We'll see if I regret that on Thursday...LOL
~ Ronna

KaRaMeL BoMbSheLL
on 6/15/09 9:22 pm - Dallas, TX
I questioned my doctor about the pain pump situation and he said that it works for some but not for all...so he didnt push me and I am glad I didnt have to pay to extra when I see now that I didnt need it. GOOD LUCK!!!!

"When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it."
-Bernard Bailey

Nicole P.
on 6/15/09 9:23 pm - NH
I am 10 days out from TT, BA and lipo and I did not have a pain pump.  If I wanted, I was able to get IV painmedication while I was in the hospital overnight but I never needed any.  I also did not have to use any pain medication when home.  Like you have heard, everyone is different, but know that you always can get pain medication pushed through your IV if you need it.

Best of luck to you!  Say good bye to that skin!!!

lap band 7/12/07, port revision 2/09
TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
/present/goal/surgeons goal
250      148    160       150
Nicole

purnellj
on 6/17/09 8:59 am - MI
I had that pain pump for gastric bypass three years ago. I also had it for my tummy tuck four weeks ago. I don't think it did a thing to help me. The drugs are going to work once you get home. You saved money not getting the pump."Geico" would be proud of you!! Best of luck to ya. I just said bye to my belly fat and am on my way to the mall to buy new sexy shirts.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/17/09 9:13 am - OH
Everyone is very different and has different pain thresholds, etc., but... the $200 dollars I spent on the pain pump was worth every penny when I had my hernia repair and my RNY!  Wish I had one for my TT.  Both times the pain was fairly well controlled with a minimum of narcotic pain meds UNTIL the pain pump was empty.  THEN I *really* needed the oral pain meds.  No, you don't NEED it, but -- in my experience -- it makes the first couple of days after abdominal surgery much more bearable and makes it much easier to get up and moving around early on.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active